| || |
Join Date: Jun 2011
Re: Wireless internet not working after removing abnow redirect issue
I would like to tell you that there are some of the drivers that is not having complete support for Wireless Zero Configuration service. If you want to ensure that then you can simply right click on the Wireless Network Connection icon and select the properties of that. Just check if you are getting the Wireless Networks tab on the property window. If this tab is missing from there then it is not completely supported the Wireless Zero Configuration service. Other than this, there is also possibility that the Wireless Zero Configuration Service is not initialized.
What is the operating system that you are using? You have not mentioned anything regarding this. Anyways, I a m assuming that you are running Windows XP in your computer. If you want then you can also configure the Windows XP so that it can have the connection. If you want to get this problem solved then you will have to make the working connection. Just follow the steps give n below and you will be done with that:
- First, you must ensure that whether you are running the Wireless Zero Configuration service. First click on run from the start menu a nd in the run box, you have to type cmd and hit the enter button. In the command window, you will have to type “sc query wzcsvc” without quotes and press enter. You will get the line "STATE : # RUNNING" if Windows Zero Configuration service is running otherwise you will get some error message.
- Now, go to the control panel and from there open the Network connection.
- See for the wireless network and right click on that. Select properties.
- From the properties windows, click on the general tab and select Configure.
- Go to the advanced tab and from there you will be able to configure that wireless network. There are many of the options available for that and all these options may vary according to the driver manufacturer. Make the changes accordingly.
- Once you are completed with making the changes to the configuration then save all those chances.
- Now you can test for the connection. In case you get the red cross icon then you can continue with the steps below.
- Again right click on my computer and select manage.
- This will open the computer management window, from here you will have to open Services and Applications. Select services.
- Now you will have to right click on the Wireless Zero Configuration and select properties which is last option. Go to the startup box and disable that.
- Once you are done with that then you can close the Computer Management.
- Reboot your computer and see if the problem persists for you or not.