Thread: In Firefox Google Redirects to Nginx on searching

In Firefox Google Redirects to Nginx on searching

I am having some problem with the google search. Actually whenever I try to open google.com then instead of opening the google, it redirect me to the some other page where it says "Welcome to nginx!". This is not random, it happens all the times when I try to open the google. There is no problem with the other sites like yahoo or bing. It is only google which is infected. It seems like there is some virus in my system but I am not sure about that. Can someone over here guess any reason for this weird behavior? Please reply as soon as possible. Thank you!!!

Re: In Firefox Google Redirects to Nginx on searching

I would like to tell you that the Nginx (Engine X) is nothing but the open source web server as well as the reverse proxy server. I think that this is a temporary problem and will be resolved soon. There are many of the websites like Facebook that are using this. I am not very sure about this but there might be something wrong from the server side and that leads to give you the issues like this. For the time, you can simple clear the cache and after that restart the browser. See if that can solve the problem that you are facing.

I think that the rootkit lying on your computer and it is interrupting the calls for google and as a result of that, you are getting redirected to some sites. So this is not the problem with the browser. You can make use of the combofix for removing the rootkit and you will be able to resolve the problem. ComboFix is nothing but a security program that you can download free. It scans for malware, viruses, trojans and other junk that you do not want to have on your computer. This is especially for the problematic files which cannot be removed under normal conditions. Usually, these are in the windows/system32 folder. Virus scanners such as McAfee, Norton AV, AVS, etc are not able to detect them or delete them. Combofix is very easy to use. However, it may be that you have problems after using Combofix and that is because of the files damaged by viruses and malware and for that you may have to run repair system from OS disc.

I have faced this problem earlier and used the HostsXpert to get this resolved. You can also make use of the same with the steps given below.
    • First of all, download and install HostsXpert.zip
    • After extracting that, you will get the folder HostsXpert with all the files included into that,
    • Open that file and from there run HostsXpert.exe and click on make writable button.
    • If in case, you only get the Make Read-Only option then this will indicate that it is already writeable, so there is no need to do anything with that.
    • Now click on the Restore Microsoft's Hosts File.
    • Click on OK button to continue.
    • Once completed then you can simply click on the X button and it will exit the program.

Check if this resolved the problem for you.

Have you installed some add-on recently in your browser and after that you started to get such issues? If that is true then the added add-on is the reason for the problem. So you can simply open the Firefox web browser and press Ctrl + Shift + A. This will open the add-on manager in a new tab. Now click on the “Remove” button that is there next to the add-on that you added recently. It will remove that from the browser. Now close the all the opened Firefox browser and restart them. You can also kill the process “firefox.exe” from task manager and I think that it will be better to ensure that the process is not running into the system. Try to go to Google.com and see if that redirects you again to that page.