Thread: Quick Heal 2011 pro installer not working on Windows 7

Quick Heal 2011 pro installer not working on Windows 7

I have recently installed the Windows 7 operating system on my computer. Earlier it was running Windows XP. Currently, it does not have any antivirus installed in it and I was thinking to install the Quick Heal 2011 pro. I downloaded the Quick Heal 2011 pro installer from net and tried to install that on my computer. I followed the onscreen instructions properly and I am sure that I did nothing wrong with the setup. When it comes to the step where it shows "Scanning Memory", I found that it closes directly without showing me any notification or something. After the first step of installation, I also lost my internet connection. In short, installation failed. I tried to do the installation two more times but both the times it comes up with the same result. Now I am helpless and looking for some suggestion from the people over here. Please help me friends.

Re: Quick Heal 2011 pro installer not working on Windows 7

Just check that if your computer is allowing you to install some of the other application. If it is not allowing installing any of the other application in it then there are more chances that your system is infected with some malware. It will be better for you if you first scan your system for any of such infections. My suggestion to you is to make use of the Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware for the installation. You can download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from here. You will find this application very simple to use and the best part is that the database for this is getting updated every day. I can say that this is the most reliable tool for dealing with malwares.

The best that I can recommend you for this is to use ComboFix. This is what I am using and never had problem with installing or uninstalling any of the programs from my computer. It will remove all the malware from your computer and also removes the viruses, trojans, rootkits and spyware. I would like to tell you that when you scan with the ComboFix and it make any modification to the system like removing the file, it makes the system restore point. This is really good because if you face any problem after deletion of that file then you can restore the system to get the system working again.

As you have mentioned that you have lost the internet connection after you tried to install Quick Heal 2011 pro. So you can try by this. Just go to the start and click on Run, you can also press Windows + R and it will open a small run window. In that, you have to type in devmgmt.msc and hit the enter button. After this, just expand the network adapter. There you will get the network drive, just right click on that and choose properties. You will get one checkbox there texted as “Allow the computer to turn off this device”. If that checkbox is marked then uncheck that and save the changes. Other than this, if the router that you are using is not having support for the ipv6 then you can simply disable that and save the changes. Now restart the system and see you are connected to the internet or not.

Are you the admin of the machine? I mean, if you don’t have admin account then you might be lacking with the rights needed for the installation of the software. So you can simply right click on the app and select “Run as Administrator”. When you do that then it will ask you for the administrator password. Provide the password and click ok for confirmation. See if this time it installs the software properly or not. Other than this, you can simply logoff and login with the admin account and you can run the installer directly. If problem is related with the lack of privilege then it will be done this time. Good Luck!!!

No one can guess the exact reason for this problem. There could be many reasons for this as some of them have already mentioned in earlier post and that might be true. Anyways, have you tried by installing the Quick Heal 2011 pro from safe mode? I assume that you know how to start computer in safe mode. See if it completes with the installation without any problem. If that get installed properly then you must clean your system with the help of the Native boot Scanner. If that is not getting installed in safe mode also then you can also try to install that in some other drive and see if that works.

To open the Native boot Scanner, you will have to open the quick heal and from there right click to the quick heal notification icon and that will show you many options, select “native boot scan” which will be in red color. Open that and start scanning. If nothing helps you then you can simply contact to the Support Centre and they will guide you in the best possible way.