| || |
Join Date: Jun 2011
Re: How to get rid of Google Redirect or ABNOW virus
The best way to deal with this virus is to remove it using a flash drive. If you have a flash drive or if you can use any of your friends’ flash drive then that will be the best option to do remove the virus. Follow the following steps to successfully remove the virus:
- Download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it on your flash drive.
- Now you have to plug the flash drive into your computer.
- Restart the computer and while your BIOS is been loaded start pressing the F8 key until you get into Advanced boot Options. In Advanced Boot Options select the Repair Your Computer Option, choose the language and then click on Next.
- Select the operating system and the User account and click on Next.
- Once it is done you will get the list of System Recovery Options. Select Command prompt from the List of Options given.
- Now in the command window type notepad and press Enter this will open a Notepad.
- In the Command prompt select Open and try to locate your flash drive letter, once it is done close the notepad.
- Suppose if your drive letter is “d”, then type d:\frst.exe and press Enter.
- Now the tool will start to run, when the tool opens click yes and press Scan button. It will make the log frst.txt on the flash drive. Now open that text file and delete all the folders mentioned in that log file and that’s it your PC is free from viruses now.