Thread: Cannot Activate Quick Heal Online

Cannot Activate Quick Heal Online

Hey guys I have recently bought quick heal total but when I am trying to register the same, I am getting an error message saying "Unable to detect internet connection". I don’t know what is going wrong. I am installing it for the first time so I am not sure if I am missing out anything. Is there anyone who has a complete idea about the activation of the quick heal total and can help me out as well? Any help regarding this will be highly appreciated.

Re: Cannot Activate Quick Heal Online

In that case you can follow the below steps for getting rid of that error message and registering the quick heal total without any such issues.
    • In you are using proxy for accessing the internet then make sure that the proxy settings in the Quick Heal is similar to that of the proxy setting in Internet Explorer browser. For changing the proxy settings in Quick Heal, open Quick Heal> Click on Settings > Click on Internet Settings and then change the proxy settings.
    • For checking the proxy settings in Internet Explorer, first open the Internet Explorer and click on Tools menu > Internet Options > Connections > LAN Settings and check out the proxy settings from there.
    • When you are done with the same then check out if you are able to access quick heal site as well as Microsoft site, if yes then you can process with the further steps for activating quick heal.
    • Now click on Start > Run > Type "quickup" without the quotes and click on ok. After that Click on Next and select Download from Total Security/Internet Security Internet Center and again click on next and finally on finish.
    • If you face any issues and you are not able to activate quick heal total then try restarting the DNS client service. For that click on Start > Run > type "services.msc" without the quotes and click on ok. After that just Right click on the DNS Client service and chose the restart option. When the DNS client service gets restarted then try out the 4 step again for activating quick heal.

Just try it out and then let me know if you have any queries further.

If you want then you can try out activating quick heal total offline then just follow the below steps:
    • You can disconnect your computer from the internet or stay connected to the internet as well. Click on Start > All Programs > Quick Heal > Activate Quick Heal > Register Offline and make a note of installation number. Now the process will ask you for the license.key file. Since the License.key file is encrypted you are not allowed to open the same and you will just have to provide the path of license.key file.
    • For generating the license.key file you will have to access the internet and visit this page. After visiting that page enter the product key along with the installation number and download the license.key file in an usb or any other media that you have.
    • When you are done with the same then you can Copy the downloaded license.key file on the computer and now point to the License.key file and click on next. After pointing out the License.key file just Stay connected to the internet until you get a message saying "Your copy has been successfully activated" .

Hope that helps.

Even I need some help regarding the same. In my case I was running my system without any antivirus so far. Suddenly the system started running slow and I was aware that there are some viruses in there. So to get rid of the same I have bought quick heal total. The problem that I am facing here is that the installation process is getting terminated because of some worms that are present in my system. I have asked the same to some of my friends and they have suggested me to make a clean installation of the windows and then try out installing quick heal back again. I am not willing to try out the same as I do have the backup of my data and formatting will wipe out everything. Is there any other way to activate this product.

Yes you can do that. You just have to keep pressing Ctrl + Shift key after extraction process of the quick heal installation. When you press Ctrl + Shift key it will detect "silly worm" in c:\documents and settings\user\csrss.exe but will perform a native boot scan and will remove them as well. Once they are removed the installation process should be carried without any issues. Just try out these solution and post back the result you get, if you have any further issue with the installation then you can just refer to the installation and the activation method that have been mentioned above for quick heal total.