Thread: WLAN Clients unable to connect to internet using Netgear N150

WLAN Clients unable to connect to internet using Netgear N150

I have few devices at my home like 2 laptops, an iPad, 3 Wifi smartphones and a desktop. Hence I purchased new Netgear N150 wireless router so that i can use my internet connection on all devices through WiFI. The problem am facing now is that though the connection went successfully, noone of my devices are able to connect to internet.

I tried everything i can but don’t know what exactly is wrong. If anyone knows the solution on it please do reply .

Re: WLAN Clients unable to connect to internet using Netgear N150

We consider as there is no problem with your Wireless router, but for solving your internet issue we should try out some workaround. Alrite, first of all, i think you should reset your router, there is reset button backside of the router. Press that button hold for approximately for 5 to 10 seconds and then release it. Then it will configure to factory default settings. Once done, insert the cable in modem and wireless router. Then connect lan port of your router to Ethernrt port of your computer.

Now restart your router as well as modem, wait till light gets stable which are on the modem and router. Now try to access your internet. It should work.

Re: WLAN Clients unable to connect to internet using Netgear N150

Quote Originally Posted by Clarity View Post
    The problem am facing now is that though the connection went successfully, noone of my devices are able to connect to internet.

I tried everything i can but don’t know what exactly is wrong. If anyone knows the solution on it please do reply .
    You should try following settings to resolve your problem.
    • First turn of your computer. Then turn off your DSL broadband modem .
    • Then insert one end of a cable inside the lan port which is backside of your CPU and other end insert into modem.
    • Then connect your ethernet cable which is came with your Netgear product. Insert the one end of your ethernet cable into modem and other end into the internet port which is on wireless router.
    • Then attach the power cords to the modem and wireless router and turn on the power supply.
    • Now turn on your computer.
    • It will take few minutes to router to establish connection with your computer and internet service provider.Check your router’s power light is turned on and it’s green in colour.
    • Then check your wireless and internet light should be turn on after router is turn on.A LAN light also be turn on, for every computers which is connected through LAN.
    • After configuring your wireless router setting manualy, then you need to login in to your wireless router for making the changes to your wireless router.
    • To access the router you have to type http://www.routerlogin.net in the address bar of browser and then click Enter
    • . After pressing the Enter key you will see the login window. Then you will see two fields username and password.
    • Select admin in user name and type admin in password in lowercase.
    • Then firmware upgrade screen will launch, click yes button to check for new firmware. If there any new firmware is available it will automatically check and upgrade the firmware.
    • Then click on the menu option which is on left side of the pane navigation.
    • In that Click on the setup wizard and it will launch setup wizard screen. Select Yes to begin with the setup wizard to detect your internet connection.
    • Then click on next button. The wizard will help you with configuring wireless router to access the internet.
    • Then select No button to setup the conection manually.
    • Click Next button after clicking next button basic setting screen will appear.
    • Enter the information of your service provider in required field. If you have any doubts then try to search in basic setting help screen to clear your doubts.
    • Then click apply to save your settings and complete your setting wizard.

I hope this will help you to solve your internet issue.