| || |
Join Date: Dec 2011
Re: How to completely uninstall Norton antivirus protection from Toshiba L555D laptop
You can very well try out the below solution for removing the Norton anti-virus but then to remove the same completely one needs to perform the below steps:
- First Go to Start > Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs and then check out for the Norton program and then click on Change and then on Remove All, when the process gets ended then you will be asked for restarting the machine, so make sure that you are not skipping the same and performing the required task.
- After restart go to Start > My Computer > Program Files and just delete the Symantec folder by right clicking on the same and then selecting the delete option. You should also delete the Symantec folder from the Common Files folder which will be at the top of the Program Files window, after deleting it restart the system again.
- When you are done with the same then Go to Start > Search > All Files and Folders > More Advanced Options and then check mark all the option which will be there but leave the "Case sensitive" option as it is, after that type in Norton in the search and then delete all the files and folders that you will get in the search results, now after deleting the search result of the Norton type Symantec in the "Search" box and then again delete the files and folders that you get in the search results.
Now the next step is to remove it from the registry and for that you will have to follow the below steps:
- Before you perform this step make sure that you are backing up the registry, once the backup of the Registry is ready then go to start click on run and type "regedit" without the quotes and click on ok.
- Now check out for the HKEY_CURRENT_USER and scroll down till you get the Software, when you get it then click on the same and check out for Symantec and delete it.
- After doing that check out for HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE and scroll down till you get the Software, when you get it then click on the same and check out for the Symantec and delete it.
- When you are done with all of the above steps then make sure that you are rebooting the machine and you are done.
The above steps will help you in eradicating the Norton anti-virus completely from the system.