Thread: Netgear DGN3500 failed to sync after 1.1.0.33 (WW) Firmware update

Netgear DGN3500 failed to sync after 1.1.0.33 (WW) Firmware update

I have been using Netgear DGN3500 and everything was working fine. But suddenly something happened after a firmware update. I don’t know what went wrong while installing firmware 1.1.0.33 (WW) and now the router does not sync with the existing network. Is there anyone who has faced the same problem and has an idea about this issue. I have tried searching for the same on web but then I have found very few people facing the same and there has not been an effective solution to get rid of this.

Re: Netgear DGN3500 failed to sync after 1.1.0.33 (WW) Firmware update

In that case I just wanted to know that did you hard reset the router after installing the firmware 1.1.0.33 (WW). If not then better try re-installing one more time. That might surely make difference. Of this is also not working then I I will suggest you to switch back which you were using. You can do that by hard resetting the router one more time. Keep a note of the existing firmware version so that you can restore this version if the new does not work. It is recommended that one should reset their router after upgrading the firmware. Just try it out and then let me know if it is making any difference in your case or not for further help.

I agree to the above user completely for this, anyways if you want then you can try following the below detailed steps for avoiding such issues.
    • First just download firmware 1.1.0.33 (WW) from the netgear site and then log into router interface and after that click on the router upgrade option which will be there in the left pane and then browse the file.
    • When you are done with the same then go in to backup settings>revert factory default settings, this will perform a soft reset and it is enough for the change to take place without the need of the hard reset.

You should not have any such issues if you follow the same whenever you install new firmware for your router. Hope that helps.

Hey thanks for your interest I have tried out following the same now and now the router is syncing fine and the issue appeared to be solved. I did not tried out the soft reset trick but what actually worked is the hard reset method after installing the firmware 1.1.0.33 (WW). I will try out the other solution next time when I install the newer firmware.