Thread: After power failure Netgear GS724T port won’t work

After power failure Netgear GS724T port won’t work

I was having the network running well without any problem. Last night, there was a sudden power cut in my area and today morning I found that the port which was used to connect Netgear GS724T is not working. I have not made any changes with it, the only culprit was the power cut. Now I am not able to understand what should I do in order to get this problem solved. I have checked the connection again and all the things are connected properly. Can you guess that what could be the reason for this problem?

Re: After power failure Netgear GS724T port won’t work

If you are getting light on the port then it is good. If you have live CD of ubuntu then you can boot the system with live CD and check if you are able to get the IP and all. Just reset the settings and then try to make the connection. If it is because of some misplaced settings then due to this the problem that you were facing will get resolved. Other than this, you can just go into the BIOS and from there you can get all the information regarding connection, whether there is some problem or not.

Re: After power failure Netgear GS724T port won’t work

As you told that there was a power cut, so there might be a possibility that the connecting cable could be damaged due to spark or something else. So it will be better if you can just check by changing the cable with a new one. This is a normal case, when there is a sudden power fluctuation or power cut. Changing connecting cable resolves the problem and so I hope that it is the same case with you also. So you can try by changing the power cable and even after this if you are having same problem again then reply us back so that we can look for some other possible workaround.

I have faced the same problem a few months back when there was fluctuation in power and I simply changed the cable and it resolved my problem. I hope that it will do the same for you.