Thread: Enable dynamic DNS on NetGear dgn3500

Enable dynamic DNS on NetGear dgn3500

Hello friends, I am using the NetGear dgn 3500, it is working very much good and properly, there is not a single problem with it. But I would like to know that how to enable the dynamic DNS on to it, the reason I want so that I am able to use it with different services. Earlier I have used it but during that time it was free of cost, so I do not have to worry about it. Now those service are having some charges on to it, due to which I have to make use of some another different dynamic dns service provider. So does anyone know how to change the setting of it? Please help me. Thank you.

Re: Enable dynamic DNS on NetGear dgn3500

If you wanted to configure Dynamic DNS then need to do some of the setting, just go to the main menu in that go to Advance option and select Dynamic DNS to show the Dynamic DNS screen. But before that register for an account with only a Dynamic DNS service provider, you should have that account which is being listed in Service Provider list. Such that if you are going for the DynDNS.org then you go to Managed DNS | Outsourced DNS | Anycast DNS website. After that you select Use a Dynamic DNS service check box. Then you need to select the name of your Dynamic DNS service provider. One you have selected the name, and then just enter the host name or the domain name which you have received from the Dynamic DNS provider. Now you need login to your DNS account. When you are trying to enter your username then it should be host name or domain name, better check that and do it. Once enter the username then enter the password or the key of Dynamic DNS account. After entering username and password check that the Dynamic DNS provider is allowing using the wildcards to solve your URL then better select the Use Wildcard check box to activate that feature. Such that when you are activating that feature then it is be linking yourhost.dyndns.org as the same IP address. When you are done with those entire settings then click on Apply to save the configuration.