Thread: After scanning with Avast Antivirus unable to connect to internet

After scanning with Avast Antivirus unable to connect to internet

From the time I scanned my system for virus with newly installed antivirus software I have neither been able to connect to LAN nor been able to get access to the wireless connection. I installed Avast antivirus software today morning and just after the installation with the first scan check I got this problem. Never used Avast before, this was my first trial, and I must say this is my one of the worst experience. I did expect that during the first scanning I would face such problem.

Let me tell you that this complete scan check wasn’t done by my own will; I was actually told to do the virus check just after the installation of the software during the boot time. I simply agreed and proceeded with the virus scan. After the process completed I found that the connection to internet on my PC was lost. Neither I was able to connect manually even after several trial. Please help me. I need my internet connection back. Is there any way out, suggest me.

Re: After scanning with Avast Antivirus unable to connect to internet

First of all I would want to know whether during the virus scan the program detected any threats. Sometimes what happens is during the virus scan most of the other software and other app existing into our computer get damage because of the removal of certain files which were hampered with the viruses. Might be the same thing happened with you. I predict that your computer’s Layered Service Provider must have got affected due to the virus (if detected). In all antivirus program you must have noticed that after the virus scan we generally get a window where all the statics are displayed and also we are asked for applying any necessary action on the detected threats. Did you apply any action on the threats if any detected?

Yeah even i believe the same. There might be something wrong with your Layered Service Provider. There are such similar cases where the user looses the internet connection just because of some other program or software. Most the internet connection get connect to Layered Service Provider kind of software. And if this LSP is affected then definitely the user will have to face the consequences with the internet. Better you try your hands with windows utility called as LSP-Fix. I am sure this utility might help you in resolving your problem. try it out and let me know the result.

Yes, the Avast Antivirus scan did checked the system completely. In fact it took almost hours to complete the scan. I remember the scanning took place just after I installed the Avast as I already told above. When the system scan was completed certain threats were detected (not sure how many threads were detected). My mistake was that I took everything lightly and therefore didn’t notice and also didn’t read the scan result completely. I simply applied the solution that was suggested to me. Might be your thinking is correct but really do not know what exactly Layered Service Provider is meant for. I am hearing about it the first time. if it is really important for my internet to run smoothly then what should I do now to get it back into my machine? Can you suggest me something to get everything back to its position.

Actually LSP is not hard core internet related software but however it plays a major role in your internet connection. Mostly it works with the low level task like passing on the data within a chain and if in case LSP is corrupted or deleted then obviously problem is bound to be created. First problem you might face will be inaccessibility of internet.

There is some useless LSP software. Now in most cases such useless LSP software without your own knowledge gets into your system appending with any non-related programs or products. Due to such uninformed existence the user is never known about the presence of the software and slowly the internet access gets restricted. The presence can be known only after any related issue is created. Anyways as suggested above I guess LSP-Fix can help you out.

Before trying your hands on any above mentioned huge solutions I would better suggest you to first try some small R&Ds and only then proceed with the other solution. Firstly I would like to ask you to try to uninstall Avast Antivirus and then again reinstall it. Most probably i think you should reinstall the software, better switch to something else. Then also see to it that you disable your windows firewall and then try to start the network connection. at least you will be able to turn on the Lan connection. give these two things a try and then have your results here.