Thread: How to Setup VLAN on Dell Powerconnect 3524

How to Setup VLAN on Dell Powerconnect 3524

Hello friends, I have purchased the Dell Powerconnect 3524 for me, but me having trouble doing the setup for this, I was trying to do the VLAN connection on it, but was not able to do it, not knowing what was going wrong with it. Does anyone is having any sort of information about it then please do share it with, which will be really helpful, if you knowing about Powerconnect then also share, I will try to make it work with that. Please help me out. Thank you.

Re: How to Setup VLAN on Dell Powerconnect 3524

I am not know much about the connection of the VLAN with it, but I know that Powerconnect 3524 is having high performance with speeds of wired Fast Ethernet and 24-port ideal for resilient stacking, cost-effective wiring closet, desktop connectivity and integration of traffic speed network backbone. Reliability is ensured by switching on the edge of the network authentication standard 802.1x, support private VLAN, VLAN for voice, VLAN-based protocols and support for the SNMP version 3. Extensive security features provided on the basis of the flow. Based security access control lists by IP-and MAC-addresses and port based on MAC-addresses, remote authentication protocols RADIUS and TACACS +; SSL / SSH encryption and filtering by IP-address for access control. Supports open industry standards including advanced Quality of Service (support for L2, L3), Protocol Multiple Spanning Tree, multicast support for SNTP IP, dynamic grouping of channels (LACP), dynamic configuration, VLAN, port redundancy and Rapid Spanning Tree Protocol. For universal remote control uses an industry standard command line interface, built-in web interface or application management based on SNMP. Virtual Cable Tester by Marvell intended to diagnose copper compounds, and defect detection and diagnosis of fiber-optic transceiver - for troubleshooting transceiver.

Re: How to Setup VLAN on Dell Powerconnect 3524

I fairly new to change the settings, happy and would welcome advice for a provision that I have to do to company. We bought 2 switches Dell (3524P and 3548P) and use the available daisy chaining the PC connected to the phone (IP 450 SoundPoint Polycom) and then connected to Dell switches. I would like separate networks for phones and machines but are connected to the same ports. I read in some other threads that the key here is to use Vlan. For example, 10 are voice Vlan 20 Port Data. The would be configured this way: the acceptable-frame-type general. Ethernet switchport mode e1 switchport of interface switchport general overall pvid 20 not marked-only Tagged switchport vlan add 20 untagged general permitted add 10 switchport tagged point of The here would make the phones mark their packets with VLAN tag 10 (it is the detting for this) and everything else, untagged, 20 (PC and so on). After that, I would apply Vlan 10 for the PBX port (which is the DHCP for the phones) and Vlan 20 for the Am I on the network server (DHCP PCs) in the right way? There is a better way to do this?