Thread: Privacy steps to secure my PC from tracking

Privacy steps to secure my PC from tracking

so I am running a small IT business administration and working with new cell. I am new to this group and wanted to keep my data secure. I just have basic idea about internet threats and want to explore more in this topic. just concerned to online threat. So I just need to secure my PC from tracking etc.

Re: Privacy steps to secure my PC from tracking

It is but obvious for all of us to keep our data to be protected and if you need to act ion an business means oriented , you need to consider all online threats and other keep an eye on other tracking systems. So if you are concerned to secure your PC from tracking you need to use encryption, keep your software up-to-date, along with disable images in e-mail, make use of a non-administrator Windows account, and employ a secure-erase service to destroy previous data. So if you are interested in encrypting sensitive files stored locally here is some more. So to explain further, The file-encryption features built into Windows in addition to Mac OS leave much to be preferred. Microsoft makes clear how to employ Windows 7's encryption on its Help and How-to site.The Apple Support site explains Mac OS X 10.6's FileVault encryption characteristic. So I can suggest here a TrueCrypt utility, where you can make an good use of it but the program can tend to be tricky to use. Computer illegal’s look for a path of least resistance, so they are expected to attack majority of susceptible systems. To keep away from being one of their victims, confirm your firewall along with real-time antivirus applications and software’s are working, as well as keep all your software up-to-date.

dear sir i m himanshu. i have a problem that is a particuler website isnot opening in my pc but it runs on all others pcs .in my pc all others website are open correctlly .i tried to flushdns but its not work.plz help me to solve this problem

Hey , I have some more information which I need to share with you guys. So you need to disable images in e-mail . The people who send you e-mail might know when you open their mails in addition to click links they hold. programs like Zendio, pose a grave security threat, particularly considering that the program as well reveals your general locality by means of your IP address when the message is opened. To prevent e-mail snoops, disable images in your received mails. This averts the HTML beacons used by the scouts from being triggered. you can also look in for password encryption and you need to keep long and unique for each site/application. Make use of some password manager which will keep all your passwords intact. You can also consider KeePass to be safe and easy to use password manager. It is an free open source password manager, which assists you to administer your passwords in a safer means. You are also able to put all your passwords in single database, which is locked with individual master key or else a key file. I need to say that this will really help you store your password in an complete secure manner. Just make a note of single master password and that’s all you have done all your work storing n number of passwords. You can also choose the key file so that you are able to unlock the entire database.

There are n number of free software’s which with you can keep your system intact. BleachBit is one amoung them , it is a free software disk space cleaner and also includes some more features such as privacy manager, and computer system optimizer. So if you are with Windows , you can turn to CCleaner - a program that can make your computer run faster in addition, thoroughly remove unidentified fluff from their drive. But when you consider Linux users who require to wipe and clean their Linux machine BleachBit can prove great to them as it is specially designed for linux users. It is also often called a CCleaner for Linux, BleachBit eliminates the cruft left behind by a number of programs in turn to depart your hard drive emptier than it was previously. This is mainly useful if you are making attempts to free up space on your netbook.
    Along with this , you can also make use of Comodo System Utilities as this is an great security concern software which makes use of the patent-pending technology of SafeDelete to securely recuperate any files deleted in error, reducing the risk from the procedure of PC cleaning. When you consider system security for Linux, you can’t get better firewall than Gufw as Gufw is an simple, instinctive, means to manage your Ubuntu firewall. You can make easy use of it as it supports general tasks such as letting or blocking pre-configured services, regular P2P, or else individual IP/port(s), and many other features.

Hey guys I am working on linux OS and for ultimate security , you can consider tools such as rkhunter (Rootkit Hunter) which works great and provides most security through its features. It is a Unix-based tool which scans for rootkits, backdoors along with likely local exploits. You can’t get better scanning tool than this so this scanner tool is to make sure you that you are 100% you are clean of nasty tools. If you are looking further for online threat based program, Online Armor can do well in your case. It is very easy to administer and the online help file won't leave you with an unreciprocated query. From the launch, it is easy to make up, full Internet Security Suite competent of defensive even the most demanding clients. Its malware defense is just exceptional.if you consider some more linux based security programs you can come across some antivirus programs that are damm sure to protect your system.

So ClamAV is one of them which is an open source antivirus engine which is intended for detecting Trojans, bugs, malware as well as additional nasty threats. It offers a high presentation mutli-threaded scanning daemon, along with some command line utilities and this helps it to develop some great features such as on demand file scanning, and an smart tool for regular signature updates . you also need to take utmost care of password strength. You can consider this one to be useful as password entropy is the amount of uncertainty in a password or how tricky it is to guess. The entropy of a password is normally stated in terms of bits. For instance, a recognized password has zero bits of entropy, whereas a password with 1 bit of entropy would be guessed on the initial effort. A password with n bits of entropy would be as tricky to assume as an n bit random amount.

Just as you might use a safe-deposit box to protect valuables, consider safeguarding significant pieces that are in your system so they won’t be misplaced if a virus strikes, your system crashes, or else there is some other sort of failure. economic records, study, writing, original artwork, as well as work files that would be tricky to rebuild or restore should be backed up frequently. Don’t rely on paper copies for things that would need inputting the data all over again, for example mechanized check registers. You could be making use of internet explorer as best internet browser for online security. As IE is highly incorporated in the Windows OS, unluckily, it is frequently oppressed by nasty websites throughout daily surfing, as well as even by "trusted" web-sites. Browser Hijacking, Drive-by downloads of nasty payloads with additional malicious exploitations are reasons for damage to innumerable systems each minute. But I have listed some software applications which will help you to no matter which browser you first and foremost use. You can consider a Web Washer which is free, and cleans away and gives managerial control over megs of surfing scruds.

You can consider this one to be useful as password entropy is the amount of uncertainty in a password or how tricky it is to guess. The entropy of a password is normally stated in terms of bits. For instance, a recognized password has zero bits of entropy, whereas a password with 1 bit of entropy would be guessed on the initial effort. A password with n bits of entropy would be as tricky to assume as an n bit random amount.