Thread: Router IP address not working on my browser

Router IP address not working on my browser

Hi ,

I'm not able to open my router IP address on my browser is there any other way of opening the router IP address other then browser.

thanks in advance

Re: Router IP address not working on my browser

Could you first of all please tell us what is the make or model of the router that you have with you? What kind of internet connection are you using? What is the web browser are you using? Do you get any error message when you try to open the router through the web browser? Previously, were you able to open the router page without any issues? Have you checked whether you pc isnt infected with some viruses?

Quote Originally Posted by zachary View Post
    Could you first of all please tell us what is the make or model of the router that you have with you? What kind of internet connection are you using? What is the web browser are you using? Do you get any error message when you try to open the router through the web browser? Previously, were you able to open the router page without any issues? Have you checked whether you pc isnt infected with some viruses?
    I have a Huawei router I have an ADSL connection I'm using IE 9 and Firefox ,Yes I get the error message

The connection has timed out

The server at 192.168.1.1 is taking too long to respond.

Previously I was using other PC and now it's a new one and I was able to connect previously and my pc is not infected with any viruses.

Quote Originally Posted by rookie_techie View Post
    I have a Huawei router I have an ADSL connection I'm using IE 9 and Firefox ,Yes I get the error message

The connection has timed out

The server at 192.168.1.1 is taking too long to respond.

Previously I was using other PC and now it's a new one and I was able to connect previously and my pc is not infected with any viruses.
    If you want then you can try out using TCP/IP stack repair options and for that follow the below steps:
    Go to start click on run and then type "cmd" without the quotes and then enter "netsh winsock reset catalog" without the quotes in the command prompt for resetting WINSOCK entries to installation defaults and then enter " netsh int ip reset reset.log" without the quotes and then Reset TCP/IP stack to installation defaults and then restart the computer and then try to connect to the internet and see if the issue is getting solved.