Thread: Unable to find PS3 on Media server because of the ESET Smart Security 5

Unable to find PS3 on Media server because of the ESET Smart Security 5

I have installed ESET Smart Security 5 antivirus and after installing it I am experiencing problem with my play station 3 media server. Now my system cannot detect play station 3 on media server. I have tried all the possible solution to fix this issue and after spending some time behind It I have notice that when I disable ESET Smart Security 5 on my system at that time al the media server can detect play station 3 but when I enable ESET Smart Security 5 at that time i get same problem. If anyone has solution regarding this then let me know.

Re: Unable to find PS3 on Media server because of the ESET Smart Security 5

This problem normally occurs if Universal Plug and Play is not allowed in your firewall setting. You should click on the start menu and then select all programs. After doing that you have to click on the ESET and open ESET Smart Security. When you see ESET Smart Security window at that time you need to open advanced setup window by pressing F5 key. You have to expand Network from setup tree in left side and then choose Firewall. After doing that you need to click on the option called IDS and advanced. You will see “Allowed services” and you need to expand it. When you expand “Allowed services” option at that time “Allow UPNP for system services in the trusted zone” check box will appear. Click on that checkbox and then click on OK button. once you performed this steps you have to check whether media server can see play station 3 with ESET Smart Security 5 enabled or not?

If you get same problem even after allowing the Universal Plug and Play from ESET Smart Security 5 firewall then you should select Advanced firewall setup and then click on the Filtering Mode drop-down menu. After doing that select learning mode and then click on OK and then see what the result is.

Yes allowing UPnP protocols from your firewall setting will solve this issue. I was also experiencing similar issue while using streaming media from my computer to Xbox and then first I thought problem is occurring because of wrong settings but even after trying all the possible solution also I was not able to fix this problem and then i have come to know my Firewall was preventing UPnP protocols and because of that this problem was occurring. Now after that I have open firewall setting in my computer and then I have down changed the UPnP settings from my Firewall and then my problem get solved.

After looking at your solution I have open ESET Smart Security 5 and then allowed Universal Plug and Play protocols from there and then when open media server at that time I was getting same problem. I don’t know what is causing this problem. I have opened ESET Smart Security in my computer and then toggled to Advanced mode. now after that I have set learning mode for firewall by going in to the Setup=> firewall=> Advanced firewall setup but after doing that also it is not allowing me to stream. Please help me out with this.

If above solution does not help you to solve this problem then I will suggest you to select Interactive mode from ESET Smart Security 5 and then you have to allow sharing and then check whether it resolve the issue or not? first you have to open ESET Smart Security by double clicking on the ESET icon from system tray icons. Now you have to press F5 key which will open Advanced setting window. From advance setting window you have to open Personal firewall by expanding network from setup tree. You have to choose Interactive mode from filter mode drop down and then expand firewall options from setup tree in left pane. You have to click on Rules and zones, after that click on the setup button under trusted zone section and then you have to click on the Allow sharing radio button. Click on OK button once you select Allow sharing option. You have to also make sure that all services are checked on the IDS and advanced options. May be with the help of this solution your problem will get solved.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhuvana21 View Post
    If above solution does not help you to solve this problem then I will suggest you to select Interactive mode from ESET Smart Security 5 and then you have to allow sharing and then check whether it resolve the issue or not? first you have to open ESET Smart Security by double clicking on the ESET icon from system tray icons. Now you have to press F5 key which will open Advanced setting window. From advance setting window you have to open Personal firewall by expanding network from setup tree. You have to choose Interactive mode from filter mode drop down and then expand firewall options from setup tree in left pane. You have to click on Rules and zones, after that click on the setup button under trusted zone section and then you have to click on the Allow sharing radio button. Click on OK button once you select Allow sharing option. You have to also make sure that all services are checked on the IDS and advanced options. May be with the help of this solution your problem will get solved.
    I have allowed sharing from the rules and zone setup under personal firewall but that does not make any difference. I have also made sure that all the services are selected in IDS and advanced options. Setting firewall in learning mode does not make any difference. If anyone have any solution regarding this problem then please help me with this. Thank you in advance.

You should create new rule for PS3 Media Server in ESET Smart Security firewall setting and after doing that you will not get any problem. you have to first open ESET Rules and zones setting with the help of below steps.

• Open start menu and click on All programs.
    • Select ESET Smart Security 5 from ESET.
    • Go to Advanced settings.
    • Expand network from left pane.
    • Click on the Firewall
    • Choose Automatic with exceptions by clicking on the Filter mode dropdown.
    • Click on the settings or setup button from the Rules and zones.

When you see Rules and zones setting window you need to click on the new button and then click on general tab and then Enter PS3 Media Server in name box, select both ways option and set allow action. Now click on local tab and select browse. In browse window you have to open java folder from programs file in c drive and then select javaw.exe file under bin folder. After that you have to see whether you can stream media from Play station 3 or not?

You should check whether Play station 3 IP address is added in to the trusted zone or not? if it is not then add it in trusted zone and then your problem will get solved. I am suggesting you this trick because I was experiencing same problem and then I have tried this solution and my problem get solved. try this trick and then let me know what the result is.