Thread: What is Avast emulator service

What is Avast emulator service

I trust avast as most secure antivirus program which I think is best for my system. I am currently running windows xp and recently I came across some emulator service. Firewall says Avast 7 on my windows XP want to run emulator service. So I am not knowing much regarding the same and I didn’t came across such term previously. So what should I do. I just tried with adding it but it pops up again and again. How to get rid of this and what are the changes it makes in my system. Whether I is beneficial for me or not . please assist me further.

Re: What is Avast emulator service

Guys , emulator service is an advanced feature which is also called as code emulation and avast uses during its virus scanning process. It is usually helpful for your system as this features in advanced scanning process. You can also disable this procedure but that will not allow you to scan system thoroughly. When we are in process of scanning some files, this feature runs the file in an area isolated from the rest of your computer's files. And by doing this , it will automatically recognize suspicious objects in that file and will assist to prevent damage to your system. But Code emulation can tend to slow down your virus scans and there can be possibility that you might take some long time to open certain applications. So I need to say that the emulator is used for executables only, and ads are unrelated. So if you need to disable Code Emulation in Avast double-click the orange and white "Avast!" icon in the system tray. This will open the user interface. And then click "Real-Time Shields" present in the left pane, and choose "File System Shield." Move further in "Expert Settings" button and move in the advanced settings section. You will be having an "Sensitivity" in the list of alternatives, and you need to clear the box besides "Use Code Emulation" under "Heuristics." Finally "OK" to disable code emulation and close the user interface.

According to me, you may be talking regarding sf.bin and to talk regarding the same it's part of the antivirus engine,which is actually responsible for code emulation. And the emulator assists the unpacking engine, so the scanner might identify scrambled/obfuscated viruses executables that wouldn't be detected without the emulator. And when we consider Sf.bin , it is related to avast Antivirus developed for avast Code Emulation Engine. The normal installed directory is: AVAST Software\Avast\defs\12021808\Sf.bin The folder 12021808 is an update date code, possibly there are more than a few sf.bin on your system.It is simple for you to fix sb.bin issue,and you just need to upgrade your avast to 120226-3, and all will be okay.

I am also with the same issue and when I run online game, I constantly get a pop message regarding sf.bin, ask me to allow it, simultaneously the SF.bin process consumes up to some 45% of CPU, and all I can say is that the sf.bin pop window is very irritating. So I have same query whether it is virus or something and how to get rid of it?

It appears like you are not able to make use of wildcards for My Safe Files, but you can though employ wildcards in Defense+. So , you can try with opening CIS and go to Defense+ along with moving further to Advanced >>Computer Security Policy and choose Add . then choose Browse. You then need to find sf.bin which should be in Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast5\defs\date. after you have added it, modify the Application Path to C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast5\defs\*\sf.bin . if set it as a trusted application, yiu will find it more easier, but you can certainly have the whole thing set to ask, and only let it to interact with the executable. If there are other incidences of sf.bin in Computer Security Policy you need to delete them. You also need to confirm to disable all protection settings for executable, or else you will have to add the path C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast5\defs\*\sf.bin as an exception for every protection means .

Well we can say that Sf.bin is part of avast! antivirus engine and it's executed when a mistrustful file is detected and emulation is performed at this time. the Sf.bin executable, as well as other modules in charge for initiation, are fully restricted in the "virus database & engine" and are totally free of the program version. You might have an older version of the program, yet a brand new virus database and it will act just same as with a fresh program build. I have the most recent version of ZA Pro and I never get pop ups wanting to permit Sf.bin. This apparently is due to the auto configuration at set up 0f ZA Pro . and many guys with disabling the pop up can try by disabling the Avast! Shields Control, and then choosing Disable until computer is restarted and as a result, iy will make your system speed back to normal. Move to the Control Panel, Add-Remove programs, and choose Avast! PRO Antivirus, you need to repair and click Next, wait until the repairing process is finished, and restart your system, and that will definitely help to fix the Sf.bin.

I really have some issues regarding the same as each time I run Playonline, I keep getting a notice on that file, and after allowing once, it keeps on repeating. I find this behavious very annoying. I don't know the process to exclude a directory. It pops up in different sub-directory each time, but for all time from the avast folder. So later I found that SF.bin is an executable which is related to Avast5's behavior monitor called as heuristics and is downloaded with every definitions update. But can’t find out how to disable it. I have found no means to move SF.bin in a common way such as wildcards, and so on to My Safe Files. So are you guys knowing in this forum some likely means or any solution to this issue.