Thread: How to move files from MyShare to OpenShare on Lacie Network Space 2

How to move files from MyShare to OpenShare on Lacie Network Space 2

I have been making use of Lacie Network Space 2 as it provides a combust and robust functionality to store my files in any secured manner. I am using this technology since last month and don’t have enough hands on exposure. So you can say that I am completely new to this file sharing optimism. But , as I encountered some issues with my file system, I just thought , an hard reset will act positively . so made an hard rest and all I was with some mess around as I have stored my major and important files in OpenShare and for what reason , I don’t know , they all moved to a folder in MyShare. But what I found something amazing was as when I made some attempts to retrieve those files back from MyShare to OpenShare, they don’t seem to take any action. So I was unable to move them back to my previous destination. I also tried with copying files to my OpenShare , but I was not able to do so. So are you guys knowing what would be wrong. What was wrong is not important to me, but I just need to move my files back to Openshare. Don’t you think this is ridiculous. Have anyone of you faced this situation earlier.

Re: How to move files from MyShare to OpenShare on Lacie Network Space 2

Yes, this seems to be crazy as you are able to move OpenShare to MyShare but the same files present in OpenShare previously are not moving back , or you are not able to copy them. So I can say that I know a normal process with which you can move files from one share to another with V2 NAS devices. Dashboard will help you a lot as it is the most easiest and simple way in by which you are able to move files from one folder to another. So you will be having console page and there you will have an folder icon at the top right side after you have logged in dashboard. So you are now able to navigate to the folder where the data you desire to move. Then you need to right-click on the folder and choose “move” otherwise highlight it along with choose the move icon at the time of the screen. From there you are able to choose what folder you wish for moving the information to.

There will be two separate spaces to store home users files on the Network drive. Where MyShare is a private share, which is password protected. And only the admin user is able to read and write files in it. On other hand, there is an OpenShare application which is public directory on the local network, which can be read and written and files stored here are accessible to everyone who has access to the local network. He is able to modify files along with delete files as well as make changes to specific files. So as you said that your files are moved to MyShare , I think you must be having specific admin rights to move them back to Openshare. In addition, I will also like to provide statistictics regarding OpenShare as it is public, accessible to any user on the network . along with MyShare which is private, accessible only to the administrator by default. When your LaCie hard drive is associated to the network, all three shares are available to the administrator,and OpenShare along with USBShare to guests .when the device is connected to a computer by means of the rear USB port, just USBShare will be available.

Try this one , hope it would help you to get some hint in this case. You need to launch LaCie Network Assistant. For Windows Users: you need to choose LaCie Network Assistant in Start > Programs. The application icon will come into view in the system tray along with LaCie Network Assistant will automatically tend to detect your LaCie device on the network. Mac Users: Select LaCie Network Assistant in your Applications folder. The application icon will appear in the system tray and LaCie Network Assistant will automatically detect your LaCie product on the network.
    2. then open LaCie Network Assistant. Windows Users need to click on the LaCie Network Assistant icon in the system tray and for mac users LaCie Network Assistant icon in the menu bar to opt for Open LaCie Network Assistant.
    3.Select your LaCie storage device machine name from the list of devices in the left-hand column, then click the Volumes tab.
    4. you then need to click Authentication in the pop-up window,and then select Registered User . enter the administrator Username and Password so that you are able to view MyShare. To access a User Share, you need to then enter the User's name with Password which was created in the Dashboard administration tool and then click OK.
    6. MyShare or else the User Share will tend to appear in the list of shares.
    7. then select Mount as drive for Windows and Mount for Mac users to open the share.
    8. The share will be accessible in an Explorer window for Windows users and for mac users , it will be Finder window .finally , you can copy and paste or else drag and drop files so that you are able to transfer data between your system and the share.