Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

How to install twonkymedia 6.0.38 on Lacie Network Space 2

Networking & Security

Old 04-05-2012

How to install twonkymedia 6.0.38 on Lacie Network Space 2

I have Lacie edmini. My hardware engineer had installed the twonkymedia 5.1.9 in my system. I want to install twonkymedia 6.0.38 in edmini. I don’t know how to install it on edmini network space 2. Can anyone help me in installing twonkymedia. How can I install it?

Old 04-05-2012

Re: How to install twonkymedia 6.0.38 on Lacie Network Space 2

Hi, it is very easy to install twonkymedia in Laice Edmini network space2. Before installing twonkymedia you should have twonkymedia 6.0.38 downloaded. Here are the instructions for installing the twonkymedia in Edmini
1. You must have a root.
2. Stop the media server with Lacie web interface.
3. backup old twonkymedia server by renaming directory
/usr/local/twonkymedia to /usr/local/twonkymedia_backup
4. Create a new directory in /usr/local/twonkymedia and copy the Archive.tar content
5. Set +x attribute for all files in /usr/local/twonkymedia.
6. Edit the /etc/initng/twonkymedia.i in that you will find a line.
/usr/local/twonkymedia/twonkymedia -inifile /usr/local/twonkymedia/twonkymedia-server.ini -logfile /var/log/twonkymedia.log -v 1.
change this line to
/usr/local/twonkymedia/twonkymedia -inifile /usr/local/twonkymedia/twonkymedia-server2.ini -logfile /var/log/twonkymedia.log -v 1.
7. Start media server with Lacie web interface.
8. Go to google and search for your ip.address
9. Configure your media server for open share folders
10. You are completed with the installing the twonkymedia 6.0.38 in your Laice Edmini.

TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Tags: , , , ,