Thread: How to set root password to lacie Wireless Space

How to set root password to lacie Wireless Space

I just recently heard regarding Lacie Wireless Space which I think is beneficial in my case which will allow me to backup and share files wirelessly along with my basic requirement was to stream media to any network-connected device and would help me in replacing my cable router. I just had my company associates making an good use of this one to easily download, upload, and allow them to stream definite sorts of files from any Wi-Fi-connected device. Some of my friends created an centralized media hub for the entire family to enjoy, effortlessly backup several systems, along with they can also even manage all their files from a single, easy-to-use interface. So I just found it amazing. So I was thinking to make use of this technology. But one difficulty which I found was setting my root password to "lacie" and thinking how to get root on the Lacie Wireless Space. So have you guys any idea regarding same as I wish I could make a good use of it. So please I need to manage all my files and I cant find any other better option than this.

re: How to set root password to lacie Wireless Space

As you needed some assistance in setting up root password for Lacie Wireless Space , here is what I will provide you the same, so all you need to do is open a TextEditor and place the following code in it.
    Code:
    root:$1$aRn1q2MR$FIx.hlkWbFrY3aKBESNke.:10933:0:99999:7:::
    nobody:*:10933:0:99999:7:::
    !!user.name.1!!::10933:0:99999:7:::
    wuala::10933:0:99999:7:::
    messagebus::10933:0:99999:7:777
    sshd::10933:0:99999:7:777
    you will be having an openShare of the Wireless Space Box in which you need to first of all save this file to shadow.klaxon.in . you will be having some IP from your box and then replace it with your IP.you need to open in your Web Browser so that you are able to remount the root system as read-write. you need to go back with the file and copy the file you uploaded to the OpenShare . and finally you need to restart the Wireless space after you have made some check in your Web Dashboard of the Box. You will be having an network protocol for secure data communication which is known as SSH and after enabling it you are able to log on with your root password. You can also change your password with your desired one. So if you are not comfortable with your password, you need to make use of password command so that you are able to make certain changes to change your password.

Re: How to set root password to lacie Wireless Space

Thanks for your replies as I could get those two steps. But I however can’t get SSH admin working. So I can’t login (ssh) as admin or root so can you help me further as I could not get this once again just found some thread which stated that If you’ve got a LaCie Network Space 2 and you need to access with it you require SSH access.
    so after further investigating, it was found that by default the NS2 doesn’t have SSH access enabled. So I just thought what would be the exact process in which I will be able to get access to SSH. Si can you help me further to get this working. It was also found that as after enabling SSH only , I could get my required output.

If you are using Network Space 2 you can find various methods as to obtain root access to the Network Space 2 through SSH you can try with different things. First method is through creating a custom capsule in which you require Linux . you can also make use of an symlink on an USB-stick which can work on Linux/Mac OS. Through a web vulnerability along with uploading a PHP script and finally with disassembling.

The following procedure does not work in my case as I tried several times but all invalid. I just tried with even resetting my Wireless Space to its factory defaults. But no positive results yet. I am with some http command which delivers return code:0 and aging it gives me something like return code:1. I tried logging with root and made some several attempts but was not able to log in via FTP. I just thought it would be because SSH is not enabled yet. But all was enabled and couldn’t find actual cause.

I was with the same issues and I just made a simple mistake of not enabling my SSH. I tried with the above solution but it was not working well. I just made few searches regarding SSH and jut make anote of one thing that you will find SSH settings in the Dashboard and moving further to "General" and enabled the checkbox besides SSH-Server . later after trying further I was unable to connect as root with pwd lacie and was repeatedly getting Access denied message. But after upgrading to the most recent firmware. It was solved. so I just think if antthing does not work , you can update with latest firmware.

Oh thanks it was solved. I am also of the same opinion as previously said as after so many glitches, after upgrading to latest firmware it was solved and I am now able to set root password to lacie Wireless Space . but can you assist me further as I need to change my root pass , you mentioned in your first post regarding the same but I could not get you properly. Please assist me as I need to change my root password to my desired one.

You need to create text file in MyShare so that you can change your root password.
    filename: chgepass
    contents: root:pass
    visit this url: lacie ip address>/cmd.php?mode=exec&cmd=chpasswd%20%3C%20/lacie/share/MyShare/mypass
    then when you are prompted you can enter your login and password. It will work fine in version 1.1.4. If You have temporary root, with rw file system. You are able to change root password in the file /lacie/eth/shadow from /etc/shadow. I have tested some of other versions as 1.1.5 but it seems that this is not applicable anymore in this version. Later I found as if you are making use of version 1.1.5 you need to make some searches in root directory which is /lacie/default/www/root' that you have 'cmd.php' or paste here what message you are receiving and then you can make some attempts to change your password. I found this method simple, so you can try this way.