Thread: What’s in the lacie Network Space Update 2.1.2

What’s in the lacie Network Space Update 2.1.2

So, I own this Lacie face enough that despite his work, I always hoped for an update that improves functionality. Now I noticed on the Lacie website that there is an update or this. And 'it possible that there is a line and say a line of explanation of what this update, what has changed from the current situation and if there are problems after the update, meaning loss of data or of registered accounts. We do not know anything about anything, what should I do? Upgrade, not upgrade, do a backup of course not because that is the disc for backup or so, the manual is written updates as fans, I read that I do not remember, but I would like to know if there is a substance change log, a page, something that tells me what to change, something better, what if something worse and worse as there are risks.

Re: What’s in the lacie Network Space Update 2.1.2

Ok, I tried doing the suicide bomber tried to update and say that after a while it grinds and restart I get a nice message. So I did what it says but does not change one bit, I tried to do this on windows xp but nothing but worse when they restart the nas then stops, so I have to turn it off by removing the power. What can I do to update? I contact them through the assistance?

So in my opinion it looks like a problem booting the NAS. The boot depends on the firmware, and firmware depends on the update. Since I do not see the back of the LaCie systems re flash the firmware without the use of the network, unless there is a system to boot from USB (the potholder front), to which I would see a chance. But as I see it the only thing left to do is contact support. Updating firmware is like a BIOS upgrade, and if you do not know how to flash. Probably you have been too hasty, also the answer to this question. My part would be "nothing", then "search the Internet if someone else has already done and see if everything went well." So now I say, "Contact support". Unless someone else in here does not know how to solve the problem, or in the manual of the LaCie there is an emergency procedure to recover the unit.

Well, reading around I came here and how you can read what is not my device, but the previous version plus is for mac, but the problems are identical. He addressed them in that way, even the windows in the first comment that has fixed it, but I just cannot. The problem in practice was due to the fact that when you restart the program nos LaCie Network Assistant now comes to visit and add the discovered devices, making it virtually impossible for the update window that is part of the LaCie Network Assistant to continue 'update the record should remain as it is not connected to the PC. From software nos there is no way to do the update, but only through the software installed on your PC or only through the LaCie Network Assistant. Now I will certainly care, but I'm wondering who can program these applications and if you try them especially, because it obviously does not work.

Well, as I suspected the fault was underneath them that they had not released any documentation on how to proceed. Anybody who has this device and want to update please read this guide. In terms of visible changes, there is only a hair redone graphics and maybe some more, but nothing spectacular or worthy of attention at the level of non-visible changes would not know. One thing I never thought I was the rapidity of the response, I sent the request for assistance last night and today went back to work already had the answer ready with apologies for the trouble I had.