Thread: Need help with BAM Alert Service

Need help with BAM Alert Service

I have been trying to configure BizTalk 2010 with SQL Server 2008 R2 and I really did not had any issues with the configuration part but then I don’t know how come when I am starting the NS$BAMAlert Service then it is getting failed with this error:
    Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.SqlServer.MgdSqlDumper, Version=9.0.242.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=89845dcd8080cc91' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
    As far as I remember I had installed SQL Server 2005 before configuring the BAM part which has been mentioned in the installation guide, is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea about it and can help me out with the same??

Re: Need help with BAM Alert Service

Quote Originally Posted by Cheeen-Hal View Post
    I have been trying to configure BizTalk 2010 with SQL Server 2008 R2 and I really did not had any issues with the configuration part but then I don’t know how come when I am starting the NS$BAMAlert Service then it is getting failed with this error:
    Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.SqlServer.MgdSqlDumper, Version=9.0.242.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=89845dcd8080cc91' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
    As far as I remember I had installed SQL Server 2005 before configuring the BAM part which has been mentioned in the installation guide, is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea about it and can help me out with the same??
    In that case I just wanted to know that have you made sure that you have installed all the pre-requisites for eg Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Management Objects Collection, Microsoft SQL Server Native Client as well as the Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Notification Services Client Components, if you want then you can get the Feature Pack for Microsoft SQL Server from the below link:
    Feature Pack for Microsoft SQL Server
    I also wanted to know that as you have mentioned that you did not had any issues in configuration part so was it working fine ever, I mean that has the issue started suddenly with this error? Also check out the event log from bam alerts and see if you are finding out anything to be suspicious there??

Yes I have installed the components and I am aware that without installing them one won’t be able to configure the BAM Alert, I also wanted to share that I had configured the BizTalk last week and as I told that I did not had any issues with the same and everything was appearing to be working fine but then I don’t know what went wrong and today when I was starting the service then I got the above error, I am facing the error for the first time and I don’t have much idea about the same, I have checked out the event log from bam alerts and I have not found anything to be suspicious there, is there anything I have to check or any workaround that I can try out to get rid of this issue??? Any further help regarding the same will be highly appreciated.

I just wanted to know that you are you having any SQL 2012 installed on the machine? If you are having them then there are possibilities that they might be causing the issue, or the assembly NS might have got replaced, if you want then you can verify the same using Fusion Log Viewer (fuslogvw.exe), here you will just have to make sure that the GACed or force an override in the app config as far as I am aware there will be four components for NS 2005 that you might be needing:
    • SQLServer2005_XMO_x64
    • sqlncli_x64.msi
    • SQLServer2005_ADOMD_x64.msi
    • SQLServer2005_NS_x64.msi

So have you installed all the above ones, just check it out and then let me know the same so that I can have a better idea of the issue that you are facing and will try to help you out with it.

I am not having SQL Server 2012 installed, I have checked out the Feature Pack for Microsoft SQL Server 2005 - December 2008 and according to it I have to install the appropriate package as per my platform from the below components:
    • Microsoft SQL Server Native Client
    • X86 Package (sqlncli.msi)
    • X64 Package (sqlncli_x64.msi)
    • Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Management Objects Collection
    • X86 Package (SQLServer2005_XMO.msi)
    • X64 Package (SQLServer2005_XMO_x64.msi)
    • Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Notification Services Client Components
    • X86 Package (SQLServer2005_NS.msi)
    • X64 Package (SQLServer2005_NS_x64.msi)

I have not found it to be mentioning that the installation of SQLServer2005_ADOMD_x64.msi is also required, what do you think about the same, I have tried out repairing the SQLServer2005_XMO_x64 but then I am getting an error message saying that I am already having the Higher Version of it, I have checked out the control Panel and there I am able to see the SQL Server Management Objects for SQL Server 2008 R2 X64 and I think that they might have got installed as a part of SharePoint 2010 ENt Edition? Do you have any further idea of the same??