Thread: Torrents causes connection dropping using Dlink DIR-655 to DSL-526B

Torrents causes connection dropping using Dlink DIR-655 to DSL-526B

In my computer I have windows 7 operating system on my computer and i am using Dlink DIR-655 router which is connected with D-link DSL-526B so that I can use internet on my laptop and iPad also via WIFI. Before some days I have reinstalled windows 7 in my computer and then my computer has started giving me problems. Now whenever I try to download anything with the help of torrents at that time internet connection drops. There is torrent client in the FreeDownload Manager which I am using for my downloading requirements. If anyone knows how to solve this issue the please let me know thank you in advance.

Re: Torrents causes connection dropping using Dlink DIR-655 to DSL-526B

According to me you have to first open download manager in your computer and then you need to go to the setting or preferences after that you have to make sure that in download limit box “0” value is not entered because in most of the application “0” value stands for unlimited downloading. If “0” value it entered in the download limit box then you have to enter any specific value and then click on OK. Now after that you have to close FreeDownload Manager and start it again and then start downloading then see whether internet connection drops or not? I was using Bitcommet torrent client and same problem occurred with me also. Now after that I have open Bitcommet and changed download limit from “0” 150 kbps and then my problem get solved. I think you should also try this solution.

You have to first check whether DNS IP addresses is entered or not? Open web browser in your system and then you have to open Dlink router configuration page and then you have to select setup tab and then click on internet option and then open manual configuration page and look for DNS IP address. If DNS IP address is not entered then you have to enter it and click on save setting. Restart router after saving the setting and then you have to see whether connection dropping problem get solved or not? According to me your problem will get solved after entering the DNS IP address.

I have checked preferences of the FreeDownload Manager and download limit was not set to “0” value. I have open Dlink setup page and then entered DNS IP address and saved that setting. When I restart the router check connection at that time I get same problem. If anyone have faced similar issue and resolved it then please let me know.

Try these steps to solve this problem.
    • Open Dlink setup page from your browser.
    • Select advanced tab.
    • Now click on the advanced Network option from the left pane.
    • Click on Enable UPnP checkbox and click on Enable Multicast Streams check box.
    • Save setting and restart your router.

I will suggest you to update the firmware of Dlink DIR-655 router and then your problem will get solved. I am giving you this solution because I was also experiencing similar issue and then I have upgrade my router firmware and then my problem get solved. If that idea does not help you then you have to contact your internet service provider and tell them about this issue after that they will help you.