Thread: Leaving Encryption behind what more security features are new in Windows 8

Leaving Encryption behind what more security features are new in Windows 8

Leaving that encryption thing aside what additional security features are added in Windows 8. I am going to get Windows 8 upgrade. Many says that it is more stable and better compare to the old edition. But somehow it is not really acceptable. Windows is one of the most vulnerable platform on web. It is one of the most easily affected platform and before windows 8 was going to release there was a long debate on security concerns. But it does not look like Microsoft has done something great here. It still rely on third party security suite.

Re: Leaving Encryption behind what more security features are new in Windows 8

Yes there is nothing special in terms of security. The only additional thing I had seen in it is phishing filter. I am unable to find any secure options. While encryption, mse and firewall is already available in the previous editions also. I am looking for some more features here. Rightnow in all edition Windows is just giving you a integrate antivirus. While there are some more serious threats available on the web that we cannot ignore. Installing the a third party security suit is really important.

Bitlocker makes the drive work really slow. It might encrypt the data but it is extremely slow and does not work well. It has a great effect on the system performance. While if you disable all this thing then Windows 8 is not really having something better. While here Bitlocker is not provided in all editions of Windows 8. It is only available in the enterprise edition. The scenario still lies the same as it was before in the older edition. I am using Norton rightnow to keep my system completely secure.

Windows is always a vulnerable platform. Ample of security exploits makes easy for hackers to create problem. It is always recommended that you use valid applications only. It happens a number of time that improper apps are the start of infection. While keeping a good antivirus is another thing which is required. The Metro UI is not also completely safe. There are ample of malicious application on it also that can downloaded from Windows store. So better watch out before installing anything.