Thread: how to use my second router as receiver at home network

how to use my second router as receiver at home network

Hi, I have a wireless internet modem at home which is router also. I got a sony bravia tv which have ethernet port in it to use internet on it. I am in another room where T.V. is I don't want to run Ethernet cable. I do have another wireless N router. Can I use the router to connect with wireless modem and just a small cable from Router to T.V. If its possible can you guide me how to do it?

Re: how to use my second router as receiver at home network

You can connect your BRAVIA to the internet by using a standard Ethernet cable to connect the BRAVIA to your nearby router. Simply plug the cable into the Ethernet socket on the left side of the TV into the socket labelled LAN for connection. The next step is to simply press the 'HOME' button on your remote and navigate to the Settings section on the screen and select Network Connections / Wired / Automatic and it will setup your BRAVIA to your internet network. At the end of Setup use the TEST CONNECTION option which is a quick test to ensure that the BRAVIA is fully connected to the router with the correct IP address.

For more information visit this website - http://www.sony.co.uk/article/id/1237479247084

Thank you very much james. I want to use my second router as a receiver and how would i do it? I want a bridge between 2 routers

I am using a Netgear router so you can try out the method that I am using. First you need to get the setup information for your router such as the SSID, pwd/authentication, pwd protocol-WEP/WPA/etc, channel, IP address, etc. After that log onto your router admin panel through a web browser, so try http://192.168.1.1 or whatever is the proper ip address for your lan. The default Netgear logon is usually name=admin, pwd=password with both lowercase. It might still be this unless you have changed it. Incase you have, you can enter the "Factory Reset" switch to return to the defaults. Now, in the advance settings there might be a page called "Wireless Repeating Function", just enable this function, making the netgear router the repeater with your router as the base station. Just fill the information you have got from the router so that they can talk to each other and also open another webpage with other routers manufacturer's website to review the help file on these settings so you can fine tune them. After that save and logout, which should restart the router with the new settings.