Thread: OS X Lion Server is not appearing in App Store even after buying it

OS X Lion Server is not appearing in App Store even after buying it

I have recently purchased OS X Lion Server and was willing to rebuild me server but then when I am going in to the app store then I am not able to see the server there, it is not appearing in my purchases, I am not finding anything to click on as well, I have tried re-downloading and installing it as well but then it is not making any difference, I have tried checking out the log but then I have not yet found anything to be suspicious there, actually when I am trying to purchase Lion Server again then I am getting install button instead of buy button and when I am clicking on the same then I am getting any message saying that I won’t be charged as it will be an upgrade from a previous version that I have installed already and even after installing it again it is not appearing in the purchase list, is there anyone who have encountered this scenario and has an idea about the same??

Re: OS X Lion Server is not appearing in App Store even after buying it

I have been running in to similar issue but then not exactly the same, I have been trying to install Xcode 4.1 but then when I am trying to install it from the app store then I am getting an error message saying "The product distribution file could not be verified. It may be damaged or was not signed." I have checked out the other apps and I am not having any issues in installing them but then I am just not able to install Xcode 4.1, I am really running out of ideas and I am just not able to track out the cause of this issue, is there anyone who can help me out as well, I just want to install it out somehow, if anyone is aware of any solution then please let me know, it will be very great full.

I have just checked about the same and I have found one mentioning that he was able to solve this out, actually he was getting the below error in /var/log/system.log:
    April 20 16:22:45 macboek13 App Store[399]: FRPurchaseManager: Preflight operation for 448457090 failed with error: Error Domain=com.apple.appstore Code=0 "The product distribution file could not be verified. It may be damaged or was not signed." UserInfo=0x7f90c9b35120 {NSLocalizedFailureReason=Cannot create PKProduct from "file://localhost/var/folders/c0/t8bcf_yd7t18mppns6bdzv480000gn/C/com.apple.app store/448457090/preflight.pfpkg" Error Domain=NSURLErrorDomain Code=-1100 "The requested URL was not found on this server." UserInfo=0x7f90c9b3f700 {NSUnderlyingError=0x7f90c9b229e0 "The requested URL was not found on this server.", NSErrorFailingURLStringKey=file:///var/folders/c0/t8bcf_yd7t18mppns6bdzv480000g n/C/com.apple.appstore/448457090/preflight.pfpkg/index.sproduct, NSErrorFailingURLKey=file:///var/folders/c0/t8bcf_yd7t18mppns6bdzv480000gn/C/co m.apple.appstore/448457090/preflight.pfpkg/index.sproduct, NSLocalizedDescription=The requested URL was not found on this server.}, NSLocalizedDescription=The product distribution file could not be verified. It may be damaged or was not signed., NSUnderlyingError=0x7f90c9b3a510 "The requested URL was not found on this server."}
    So just check out for something similar in your log and if it is there then just delete the /var/folders/c0/t8bcf_yd7t18mppns6bdzv480000gn/C/com.apple.appstore/448457090/p reflight.pfpkg file and after that you should be able to install Xcode without any issues, I am not very sure about this but then you can just give it a try and see if you are having the same case. Best of luck.

I have tried out doing the same and it seems to be helping, the path was different in my case, it was /private/var/folders/nt/00zzyjwn4rl70tt8jy32c32m0000gn/C/com.apple.appstore anyways I have tried deleting it and now it seems to be downloading without any issues by now, I have also found other site where I can torrent the same, I was checking out for the same and I had come across one who had solved the same issue by deleting the com.apple.appstore folder and then logging in again and after that he was able to install Xcode 4.1 without any issue, I am not aware of that solution if it is actually helping as I have not yet tried it out, so if anyone is having similar issues to mine then they can try out these two possible solutions, lastly I just wanted to thank you for your quick response.

Even I need some help here, I am have been facing the same issue with Lion OS, in my case I am just not able to download any app from the App Store, I have tried downloading them on Snow Leopard as well but then I have got the same response, after the above suggestion I have checked out the console log and this is what I am getting:
    10/5/12 3:50:45.741 am App Store: FRPurchaseManager: Preflight operation for 448457090 failed with error: Error Domain=com.apple.appstore Code=0 "The product distribution file could not be verified. It may be damaged or was not signed." UserInfo=0x7ff0744910f0 {NSLocalizedFailureReason=Cannot create PKProduct from "file://localhost/var/folders/jn/kzl_8zs11s9390s93k3rh__00000gp/C/com.apple.app store/448457090/preflight.pfpkg" Error Domain=NSURLErrorDomain Code=-1100 "The requested URL was not found on this server." UserInfo=0x7ff07448bf80 {NSUnderlyingError=0x7ff07422cef0 "The requested URL was not found on this server.", NSErrorFailingURLStringKey=file:///var/folders/jn/kzl_8zs11s9390s93k3rh__00000g p/C/com.apple.appstore/448457090/preflight.pfpkg/index.sproduct, NSErrorFailingURLKey=file:///var/folders/jn/kzl_8zs11s9390s93k3rh__00000gp/C/co m.apple.appstore/448457090/preflight.pfpkg/index.sproduct, NSLocalizedDescription=The requested URL was not found on this server.}, NSLocalizedDescription=The product distribution file could not be verified. It may be damaged or was not signed. NSUnderlyingError=0x7ff0742bc700 "The requested URL was not found on this server."}
    I have tried deleting the preflight.pfpkg as it has been suggested above but then It did not helped after launching the App store, I am just getting the same error everytime, I have tried out the second solution that you have mentioned as well which is logging out and then logging in again but then I am welcomed with the same error, I am not having any issues in downloading xcode 4.1 on Lion OS but then I am not able download any other apps, the other apps are getting downloaded of Snow Leopard using reliance netconnect but then I am not able to download xcode 4.1 on Snow Leopard, hope that I am not confusing you all, is there any solution that I can try out??

I was trying to follow the above solution by deleting preflight.pfpkg file but then it was not making any difference in my case, I had checked out the system.log file and there were some errors but then I did not found any error from the app store app, it used to just say installing for hours, I was able to install it on lion but then not on Snow Leopard like you but then after some research I found xcode_4.1_for_lion__gm_seed.dmg version on imzdl site and then it worked without any further issues, so if you want to install it on Snow Leopard then just get the xcode_4.1_for_lion__gm_seed.dmg version from imzdl site and see if it is helping, anyways I still willing to get download from app store working, so if anyone has any workaround for the same then please let me know.

I am running in to same issue and I have tried out the solution that has been mentioned there but then they were not helping me out, anyways I have now installed the Xcode by following the below solution, so if anyone has not been able to solve out their issues with the solutions that has been mentioned above then they can try this one:
    • First install wunderlist app which will be giving enough time for copying the preflight.pfpkg file to /tmp
    • If you will try out downloading the Xcode without the wunderlist app then you will get the same error, this is required for recreating the directories.
    • So just copy /tmp/preflight.pfpkg to /var/folder/... which will be created by the appstore and then re-download Xcode again.

Just try it out and then let me know the response that you are getting for it.