Thread: Cannot find network on D-link DIR-815 wireless n dual band router

Cannot find network on D-link DIR-815 wireless n dual band router

Hello friends, I have purchased new D-link DIR-815 wireless n dual band router and got it from eBay and have done all the settings which was been required for it, as I was done with all that then I was getting a problem, which is that I was not able to find 5.0 GHZ network which I have setup for router, I was able to get 2.4 GHz. So what I should do is there fault in router such that it is not able to find the network which is required to find it. Shall return back to eBay and tell them it is not working for me. It is been only a week I have purchased this router, so please help me out and suggest me that what I should do. Thank you.

Re: Cannot find network on D-link DIR-815 wireless n dual band router

I would like to tell that you better check out the device which you are using it is having a support of 5Ghz or not, I do not think that all the device might be having it, there are hardly few devices which are been supported. So better check it, if there is any information about it then it might be easy for me tell that it will be working or not. So just let me know something about and if there is any method to work out then I will surely tell you.

It should supports as DIR-815 Wireless N Home Router D-Link allows users to get the most from their Internet subscription due to two simultaneous wireless networks. This router with QoS capabilities and environmentally friendly design is suitable for online gaming, media streaming or video conferencing. The advantages of Quad Band are that DIR-815 Wireless N Home Router from D-Link uses Quadband technology to 2.4 GHz & 5.0 GHz wireless signals simultaneously support. This allows you to read emails and browse the Internet using 2.4 GHz, while simultaneously streaming movies and other media with the 5 GHz band. The DIR-815 is specially designed for home users who need a wireless connection with which the whole house video streaming and also compatible with earlier versions, such as 802.11g and 802.11a products. Some routers combine all the wired and wireless traffic, including Voice over IP (VoIP), video streaming, online gaming and web browsing in a single data stream. In this way to deal with data, applications like video streaming, falter or unstable connection. The Smart QoS technology from D-Link wired and wireless traffic is analyzed and placed into multiple data streams. Different applications such as voice, video and data are automatically detected and the transmission sequence is automatically prioritized.

The DIR-815 is part of GreenTM D-Link, the D-Link program that provides environmentally friendly alternatives without compromising on performance. The DIR-815 supports WLAN Scheduler that the wireless network off when not in use, e.g. overnight or during work hours. The energy consumption is also reduced thanks to the Energy StarTM power. It is having some of great properties such that having 4 LAN Fast Ethernet ports for wired connections, 1 WAN Fast Ethernet port for connection to cable or ADSL modems, 802.11n wireless technology for highest speeds, Two simultaneous wireless networks for the best gaming and media experiences, Smart QoS (Quality of Service) technology to provide bandwidth guarantee for delay-sensitive applications, WLAN scheduler that the wireless connection off when not in use, IPv6 ready: supports the future internet, D-Link Green power saving design.