Thread: Wireless status is not getting populated with Dlink DIR-655

Wireless status is not getting populated with Dlink DIR-655

I have recently bought Dlink DIR-655 router and after that I have connected it with my computer and I have done all configuration in wireless Status page and saved it but after that when I opened configuration page again then selected status and clicked on the wireless but it was not showing my wireless device. Is there anything I am missing or something else is causing this problem. Please help me with this. Thank you in advance.

Re: Wireless status is not getting populated with Dlink DIR-655

Open web browser in your system and then you have to open web browser and then go to router setup page and after going in to the router setup page you have to choose Internet from the left side of the window. Now you have to select Manual configure option which you will find under Manual Internet Connection options, there you have to make sure that correct DNS IP is entered. You have to also go to the Advanced option from your router configuration page and then see select QOS engine tab and then uncheck enable QoS option after doing that you have to check whether your problem get solved or not? if you need any more help regarding this problem then let me know.

According to me if DNS Relay is not enabled then also this type of problem can take place. To enable DNS Relay you need to follow this steps.
    • Open router configuration site in your web browser.
    • Select setup tab.
    • Choose networking setting option from left pane.
    • Now check “Enable DNS Relay” setting box.
    • Click save setting.

I have enabled Enable DNS Relay but that does not help me to solve this problem. Now after that I have also made sure that correct DNS IP is entered and QoS option is not enabled. I have also tried to solve this problem by resetting my Dlink DIR-655 router but that does not help me to fix this problem. if anyone have more solution regarding this then let me know. Any help will be appreciated.

It looks like firmware related issue. you have to first see that Dlink DIR-655 router have latest firmware. Go to the official site of the Dlink and then you have to select your product and then check whether new firmware is available or not? if new firmware is available for your Dlink DIR-655 router then you have to download firmware update file and after downloading that file you have to open router configuration page. After opening the router configuration page you have to select Tools and then click on Firmware option from the left pane. Now you have to click on browse option and then navigate to the folder where you have saved Firmware update file. After that select firmware update file and click on OK button. After clicking on the OK button you have to select upload option and firmware update process will start. Once it gets over router will gets restart it self. You have to check whether your problem gets solved or not? According to me upgrading firmware will solve this problem.

Yes by upgrading the firmware you can fix this problem. With my Dlink DIR-451 router I was also having similar type of issue and then first I have tried all the possible settings but that does not help to get rid of this problem. Now after that I have come to know that new firmware version for my router is available and that is why I have downloaded firmware update file from Dlink web site and then I have upgrade the firmware and then all the things started working properly