otherwise you are prone to attacks again
- You first need to create a backup of all the data you have in your system, i.e. only if you are yet to do it in recent times.
- F-secure has come up with a removal tool
which is used to remove such malware and have almost always helped.
this tool must technically solve the entire issue you were talking about and must remove the viral threat from your system in an excellent manner. But just in case it doesn’t, then you need not panic at all. All you need to do is follow some basic steps:
- Firstly, you should be booting your system from the recovery partition or the installation disk, then from there you need to launch Disk Utility from where you need to put the volume of startup to complete mute. This will delete your entire volume file
- Go and get your pc connected to internet and from there, install the Mac OS
- After this, you need to reboot your system and then again follow all the initial setup processes that ever existed for creation of account but make sure the new name is nothing different from the old one. Do not run your restore at this stage
- After that run the software update, please note that you might need to run it more than once for proper updation of your system
- Leave alone library and restore all other things that exist at the top-most level subfolders of your home from the last back up. Library files are potential carriers of malware so make sure you stay away from that.
- Restoration is a difficult task in this regard because of the correct choices of folders and files to be restored
- Out of all the files and folders that you can possibly see in the finder, you can safely restore files like: Audio, Calendars, ColorSync, Colors, Favorites, FontCollections, Fonts, Images, Keychains, Mail (except Mail/Bundles), Safari (except Safari/Extensions)
- And avoid or rather do not attempt restoring folders like: Application Support, Internet Plug-Ins, LaunchAgents, Preferences
- You can restore these folders only if the time machine snapshot are available and you are sure that they are older that the infection date.
- There might be folders which are not mentioned by me, if you find them doubtful don’t take risk by restoring.
- Never ever restore any hidden files or folder, hidden things are the ones which deserves maximum attention
- Another method to do all this by launching Safari browser, going to safari, followed by preferences which leads to the security tab in the menu bar. Then, uncheck the label which asks where java is to be enabled. There exists many unknown bugs and flaws with java which makes it very very unsafe to be used on internet. Disable the java web plugin unless and until you mandatorily need it. There are very few websites bearing genuine and reliable java content, in case you happen to crash to one, enable java on a temporary basis.
- After completing all the above mentioned steps, make sure you have all of the above things, then change every internet passwords including all your bank passwords. Also, keep a check on every financial accounts you have and make sure that there has been no unauthorized access in it.
- Redownload and reinstall all the third-party software freshly because the ones in the backups are not at all safe to be reused
- Mandatorily, disable java in every third party browser that you use,