Thread: How to improve low wireless signal quality of D-Link Wireless N 300 Router?

How to improve low wireless signal quality of D-Link Wireless N 300 Router?

I purchased D-Link Wireless N 300 Router couple of week ago. This particular router is not communication with computer of mine through wired connection. however it is communicating flawlessly with the laptop of mine. instead of configuring the router of mine I have simply using router and laptop. But now I noticed that laptop of mine was not able to connect with router because of lower wireless signal. For your information I am running Windows Vista on the laptop of mine. I tried to reset router but it did not worked for me at all. Let me know if you are having any solution to fix the matter of mine. any help will be highly appreciated.

Re: How to improve low wireless signal quality of D-Link Wireless N 300 Router?

In this particular situation I wanted to know hardware version of the router which you are having. You should look on the sticker of the router. Which version of firmware do you have installed on your router? You will be able to get same from routers web page and look on Status. Also what kind of wireless modes do you using? Also let me know what kind of security mode do you using? Let me know the answers of above mentioned question so that I can let you know about the possible steps to fix the matter of yours.

Looking at the above mentioned problem I am suggesting below mentioned thing which you can try to resolve the matter of yours.
    • First of all you should see that DNS IP addresses are filled under Setup and look for Internet and Manual. You can this particular thing under of Status> Device Info> Wan section.
    • Now you have to turn off ALL QoS. You can go for Advanced and look for QoS or Gamefuel.
    • Also you should Turn off Advanced DNS Services. To find out this particular option you have to go for Setup and look for Internet and after that go for Manual..
    • Now you should Turn on DNS Relay which are available under of Setup and Networking.
    • Now you have to go for Setup and look for Networking. Here you have to setup DHCP reserved IP addresses for the devices which are connected with the routers.
    • Make sure that you have set up all the device to get IP address..
    • For TCP and UDP you have to set up all Firewall settings to Endpoint Independent.
    • Finally you have to go for Advanced and click on Networking and you have to enable uPnP and Multi-cast Streaming
    • Also you have to Turn off the anti virus as well as firewall when you are trying to test the situation. there is no need of firewall while using routers as they are useful to block malicious traffic. you should turn off all the devices apart from the computer which you are going to test. Also you can disable Home group service.

Hey thanks a lot for replying with the solution over here. I am having query ask to you and I am hoping again you will help me out. When I went for Status looked on Device Info. It was having moving clock function which was showing Sept. 10, 2008. This particular date was listed into the Firmware Version, 3.01. can you tell me how can I sync my router? I am suspecting that it could be the root cause why it is not getting connected? Can I adjust the time? If you know anything about the same then let me know as early as possible.

After going through the query which you have asked over here I wanted tell you below mentioned thing.
    • You should go for Tools and look for Time. Here you have to select appropriate Time Zone.
    • Now you have to enable NTP server and simply input npt1.dlink.com.
    • Once you have done you have to save the settings which you have made and restart the router of yours.
    • After that you will see that time and date are set properly.

Let me know whether it worked for you or not.

So far I have not having much idea about the windows vista. I got the same kind of issue when I am trying to connect my laptop with some other wireless network apart from my home network. I used to go for Network & Sharing Center and after that I clicked on Manage wireless networks.
    • Over there I have deleted all the network listed as well as my home connection. .
    • Once they were deleted I clicked on Add and gone for Manually set-up. Submitted SSID & passkey for the router fo mine.
    • I am suspecting that windows 7 is having an issue with the stored wireless networks an it is getting corrupted when you are trying to connect with another one.