Thread: How can I record video by using D-Link DCS-932L and storing on NAS?

How can I record video by using D-Link DCS-932L and storing on NAS?

as the title of this particular thread is saying what I wanted to ask you over here in this particular thread. How can I record D-Link DCS-932L video on NAS? I let you know that I am using Home security. I really need video recording in case something wrong happens. Right now I have attached 1T buffalo cloud NES with the router of mine. Let me know if you are having any useful instruction to get the requirement of mine. any help will be highly appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: How can I record video by using D-Link DCS-932L and storing on NAS?

In the situation of mine I am having mybooklive and dcs-932l. I was running FTP on my system. I have added motion, vlc, screen, ffmpeg packages on my system.
    Code:
    ffmpeg -r 15 -f mjpeg -i http://username:password@192.168.1.69/image.jpg -vcodec mjpeg -sameq -aspect 4:3 -y /DataVolume/shares/Public/video.mpeg
    here ffmpeg would simply snap up the jpegs which is coming from the camera and it simply converts into mpeg file.

in order to complete with the installation process you have to edit /opt/etc/motion.conf,
    after that you have to run /opt/etc/init.d/S99motion to begin with motion.
    deamon supposed to monitor video stream for the motion and it would also record the specified settings at the time of activation.
    If you have upgraded firmware on mybooklive then it would wipe out the custom linux stuff. so you should take a backup of the same. I lost all the config while doing some of the firmware upgrades. Now I am having camera activated on the motion which is sending jpegs files to the gmail account of mine. but still it is linked with mybooklives ftp. You will be able to get record on motion until and unless it is filling the entire file system.

I recommend below mentioned steps and let me know whether it is helpful to you or not.
    I have installed VLC on my system. after that installed below mentioned packages
    package vlc suggests installing faad2
    package vlc suggests installing flac
    package vlc suggests installing freetype
    package vlc suggests installing fribidi
    package vlc suggests installing liba52
    package vlc suggests installing libdvbpsi
    package vlc suggests installing libdvdnav
    package vlc suggests installing libdvdread
    package vlc suggests installing libid3tag
    package vlc suggests installing libmad
    package vlc suggests installing libmpcdec
    package vlc suggests installing libmpeg2
    package vlc suggests installing libogg
    package vlc suggests installing libpng
    package vlc suggests installing libshout
    package vlc suggests installing libupnp
    package vlc suggests installing libvorbis
    package vlc suggests installing libxml2
    package vlc suggests installing ncursesw
    package vlc suggests installing speex
    package vlc suggests installing avahi
    package vlc suggests installing x264
    after that edited /opt/etc/motion.conf and executed /opt/etc/init.d/S99motion so that I can begin with motion.

Code:
    ffmpeg -r 15 -f mjpeg -i http://admin:admin@192.168.1.69/image.jpg -vcodec mjpeg -sameq -aspect 4:3 -y /DataVolume/shares/Public/video.mpeg
    you can beginning with record by using

Code:
    ffmpeg on Linux box. ffmpeg -r 10 -f mjpeg -i http://admin:admin@192.168.1.69/mjpeg.cgi -vcodec mpeg4 -sameq -aspect 4:3 -y /DataVolume/shares/dlink/outfile.m4v

Looking at the situation I wanted to share some interesting information which could be useful to you.
    Advanced users who are looking more would like to know that DCS-932L having D-Link D-ViewCam management software. You can use the same on Windows based computer. it is having host of features which provides an ability to record from the camera for the local hard drive, trigger motion detection, set recording schedules, set e-mail alert notifications, and lots of more stuffs are provided. it can support up to 32 cameras. By using it you will be able to upload floor plan of small business or home of yours. even you will be able to create realistic of the camera wherever you have placed. It would give you better access to the cameras. You will give you better recording flexibility, D-ViewCam having capability directly to the NAS device. so there will not be any need of having dedicated computer in order to store the video file.