Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Acer Aspire won't connect to wireless network

Networking & Security

Old 07-04-2012

Acer Aspire won't connect to wireless network

Hi all, my parents have a TD-W8951ND TP LINK router to which their emachines netbook, their Kindle, my iPad, my smartphone and my Dell laptop all connect wirelessly with no problems. However their Acer Aspire 9303WSMi laptop with an Atheros AR5005G wireless network adapter refuses to connect. It detects the network but upon clicking 'connect', it tries to connect then fails. Then when you click 'diagnose problem' it gives the response, 'the connection to '********' was cancelled. This might be due to timeout or user action.'

I have checked all the connection properties and they match the other machines that connect without a problem, and those of the router, yet it still won't connect. The Acer is running Vista, while the other Microsoft based devices are running Windows 7, if that makes any difference.

I, like my parents am totally confused, and would appreciate any help to resolve this.

Old 12-04-2012

Re: Acer Aspire won't connect to wireless network

There are number of reason behind this. First a old driver which might not respond on the connection. Second the difference in standard. It is possible that this laptop own a lower wifi standard than what your router has. Due to which it fails to connect. Third does your home network is encrypted. If yes then you will need to provide the acer laptop access for connection which can be done from the router.
Old 04-01-2014

Are you by any chance running Acer eNet, if so, then remove it immediately. Even even after uninstalling that software the wireless doesnt work then try to update your Wireless Nic drivers that can be found on the Acer website only. You can also try to install the Intel Proset or Wireless software also or else just update the Wlan driver and you are good to go on.
Old 06-01-2014

Can you tell us whether you are on a dynamic or static IP address? Incase you have done the setup with the modem directly to your computer then you might need to clone the Mac address of the pc into the router. Or else reset the router back to the factory settings and then run the setup again. There could be some DNS or Gateway info that is not correct or so.

TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Tags: , , , ,