Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Computer plays music in the background when on EXPLORER and mouse doesnt work

Networking & Security

Old 06-04-2012

Computer plays music in the background when on EXPLORER and mouse doesnt work

Hi everyone, hopefully someone can help me! 2 days ago I was watching a video on my laptop and all of a sudden wierd music started to play in the background (not just music but commercials too). I searched on the screen to find out if there was something else playing but couldnt find anything. I was confused so I shut down Windows and started up again and everything was fine.
The next day I went on the same site again and the same thing happened but this time I let it play as I was trying to figure out what the heck was the problem! The longer I did this, the more music/commercials played ALL AT ONCE!!! I then thought it may be some sort of virus so I closed the Explorer.
That is only HALF the problem!lol Now my mousepad doesnt work when I open the Administrator desktop! It will highlight something as if it is able to be opened but will not click on ANYTHING! When I go to the "Guest" desktop I have no problems, the mouse/the website works fine! This is crazy... does anyone have a suggestion on what this may be? I'm pretty sure it is a virus but I havent done anything to my brand new computer for this to happen.

Old 10-04-2012

Re: Computer plays music in the background when on EXPLORER and mouse doesnt work

The sound appears from the flash content on a site. Second thing it looks that there is a virus in your system because of which your existing account is working slow. Try to run System restore for a while. Click on Start > and type system restore in the search box. Click on Restore and choose a appropriate date from the calendar. Second thing boot in safe mode and scan the system with a good antivirus. If Explorer.exe is entirely corrupted you have not option other than re-installing Windows.
Old 11-04-2012

Re: Computer plays music in the background when on EXPLORER and mouse doesnt work

I figured it must be a virus but I wanted to make sure. I just got the computer brand new 1month ago too I did restore the computer before I saw this post and it did work. Thanks again for your help!

TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Tags: , , , , ,