Thread: How to fix HTTP error 307 Temporary Redirect (since HTTP/1.1)?

How to fix HTTP error 307 Temporary Redirect (since HTTP/1.1)?

Well I am using internet explorer on my computer for purpose of browsing internet. In today morning while browsing some of the websites I got HTTP error 307 Temporary Redirect (since HTTP/1.1) error message. Can you tell me what do you mean by the same? also if you know any possible work around for the same as well.

Many Thanks in advance.

Re: How to fix HTTP error 307 Temporary Redirect (since HTTP/1.1)?

I hope below mentioned description will let you know understand the entire thing.
    • Any web browser or client would go through the following cycles.
    • It would obtain an IP address from IP name of that particular website. This lookup will gives an idea about the DNS.
    • It opens an IP socket connection to the IP address.
    • After that it writes to the HTTP data stream via that particular IP socket.
    • Now it will receive HTTP data stream back from the Web server response. The data stream would contain status codes which value would be determined by HTTP protocol.

The above mentioned error occurs into the 4th steps that is into the final step while client is going to receive HTTP status code and it is detected as '307'.

As far as I know 307 response from the web server is having an alternative URL to which an redirection is supposed to occur. In case it get happens then web browser will give a try to the alternative URL. You will not see any 307 error into the web browser of yours until and unless there is corrupt redirection chain. If your client is not the web browser and it should behave as that of Web browser .

In case web server not returning an alternative URL with307 response then it seems that Web server software could be defective or it could be possible that Webmaster did not setup the URL redirection appropriately.

Mostly redirection of URLs supposed to occur with low level urls only. But it seems to uncommon with the top-level URLs and it has been asked by most of the CheckUpDown users to observe. CheckUpDown would try for an alternative URL and it would lead for which would CheckUpDown tries. This particular thing would continue for only 5 attempts. As it would reach the count of 5 redirections the CheckUpDown would give up and prompt with 307 error. So 307 error will only occur if either of the conditions are true.
    • Web server is not giving alternative URL on 307 response
    • The total number of redirections are exceeded by 5

First of all you have to check out the IP name so that we can figure out whether the account is accurate. In case your ISP has configured something then the access to the name should be redirected to the another name and it supposed to be permanent. You will require to update CheckUpDown account so that you can begin with using of new name.

If you are sure about the IP name which you are using is correct then simply try to access the current URL by using web browser of yours. monitor which you URL you are going to get as browse would simply switch to the alternative URL silently in case it is going to get 307 message from web server. If you are going to get new URL then try to access the same and see what result you are getting. if it is working then you will need to update the new URL. In case it is an temporary redirection then you have to reinstate your original IP name to the later date so that redirection wont work any more.

Let me know if any of the above mentioned thing worked for you. if no change in the situation then you have to analysis HTTP data streams which you are receiving from the Web server. It will give you an idea additional information about the new URL which web server is wondering that we are supposed to access.