Thread: Only after rebooting several times, Dell XPS 8300 brand new connects to the Broadcom Netlink Communication card .

Only after rebooting several times, Dell XPS 8300 brand new connects to the Broadcom Netlink Communication card .

as per my friends suggested to make a purchase of the dell XPS 8300 , I made a purchase of it and as it is brand new I supposed that there will no issues in the upcoming days but my assumption was wrong. It is able to make a proper connection with the Broadcom Netlink Communication card only after rebooting some couple of times at cold-start are you guys having this issue.

My all other home computers are able to connect from the first shot. In the starting I have made a re-installation of the driver but not this is the issue . please provide some solutions in this case.

Re: Only after rebooting several times, Dell XPS 8300 brand new connects to the Broadcom Netlink Communication card .

I have some suggestions which will solve your issue.
    * you need to remove the Dell Support Center from Control Panel Add/Remove Programs
    * you then need to restart the PC
    * you need to make an reinstallation of the XPS 8300 Chipset along with Broadcom driver from the website, not your Resource DVD
    * after you have installed both, you need to restart the PC and retest.

Re: Only after rebooting several times, Dell XPS 8300 brand new connects to the Broadcom Netlink Communication card .

In my case ,I am able to get to the solution and I am able to see two downloads accessible for the XPS8300 Chipset:

* R284334.exe (2MB) / Chipset Software Install Utility along with

* R284362.exe (4MB) / AMT HECI

I made a download of both of them but the readme files are not able to overly descriptive. But , I don’t have idea regarding do we require to install them both? Will we ultimately be able to make an re-installation of the Dell Support Center Utility? Can you solve this one.

Hope this one helps you. You need to remove the Dell Support Center from Control Panel Add/Remove Programs
    * and then make a restart of the PC
    * then make a reinstall of the XPS 8300 Chipset as well as Broadcom driver from the website, not your Resource DVD. And after a reinstall , you will be able to solve the issue .

I am also having similar issues and it is not working in my case. I just made a reboot several times and it’s still not able to identify the network adapter. I'm making use of a USB wireless adapter. I am really finding myself frustrating.

I found from some sources that there is a solution as after a reboot it was not working but if you disable then enable the adaptor in Control Panel, you will work with your solution. But as some guys were complaining that the issue was not solved , the issue is with the wired connection but not with he wireless adapter. I suppose that there are a lot more XPS 8300's with this problem than we know, since they are connecting with the wireless along with they are not aware there is an problem with their wired connection. So you may get a hint in this case .