Thread: Linksys E1000 loses connection continuously

Linksys E1000 loses connection continuously

I am using Linksys E1000 router and I am experiencing annoying problem with it. I have two laptops and my mobile phone which I use to connect with Linksys E1000 router via WIFI. the problem is sometimes wireless connect gets disconnected then I have to turn off my router and turn it again and then router works properly for some time and then gives me same problem. how to solve this problem?

Re: Linksys E1000 loses connection continuously

First I will suggest you to try to solve this problem by changing the MTU value to 1400 from Cisco Connect Software. I was also having same problem and then I have changed MTU value and then my problem get solved. I hope this information will be helpful for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Kakashi Hatake View Post
    First I will suggest you to try to solve this problem by changing the MTU value to 1400 from Cisco Connect Software. I was also having same problem and then I have changed MTU value and then my problem get solved. I hope this information will be helpful for you.
    Yes by changing the MTU value we solve this problem. you have to first open Cisco Connect Software. After opening Cisco Connect Software you have to go to the router setting. After opening the router setting you have to click on the advance setting option. Now after opening the advance setting option and you will be redirected to configuration page, after that you have to change the MTU value to 1400 and after changing the MTU value you have to save the setting and restart your Linksys E1000 router. After restarting the router you have to check what the result is.

I have changed the MT U value from router configuration and after that also problem still remains. I have also tried to solve this problem by trying different MTU values but that does not help me to solve this problem. If anyone has any other solution regarding this then let me know.

You have mentioned that after changing MTU values also you are experiencing same problem and that is why I would like to tell you that you should go to configuration page of your router and then you have to go to the wireless tab. After doing that you that you have to set channel width to 20mhz and set Channel to 6, 9, 11 and after doing that you have to check whether this solution fix your problem or not?

With my Linksys router I was also having same problem and then I have tried different solution to fix this problem but that does not make any difference. Now after that I have emailed my problem to Linksys support and then they have told me to change channel width setting 20 MHz and MTU value and after that I have changed the setting and then my problem get solved.

If you still face same problem even after trying above solution also then I will suggest you to update firmware of your Linksys E1000 router and once your firmware is update is complete then you have to reset the router and do all the setting again. According to me after trying this solution your problem will get solved.

Same thing happened with my router also and then I have updated firmware of my router. After updating the firmware also same problem occurred and then I have reset the router and the my problem get solved. you can try this solution to fix this problem.