Thread: Unable to run Active Directory or LDAP on dell PowerVault 725N

Unable to run Active Directory or LDAP on dell PowerVault 725N

As I found from some sites that the PowerVault 725N storage server is an perfect answer for backing up clients along with servers, consolidating your presented storage as well as for adding incremental storage to your networks for making use of by clients or else servers so , I need to know whether it is possible to have an install of Active Directory on the PowerVault 725N by making use of the preinstalled system . please provide your genuine replies for this thread.

Re: Unable to run Active Directory or LDAP on dell PowerVault 725N

According to me, the first answer I will give is that a NAS can be a member of an AD architecture, but it is not possible to be a DC, or else an additional controller for Active Directory. And I might consider that with the "Windows Powered" OS it is able to install.

As I also found from sources that the Windows Powered Operating System on the NAS cannot be a domain controller of any type. in addition, it is not able to print server, a sql server or else a dhcp server in addition with the exchange server.

How can we forget to talk regarding the Microsoft Server Appliance Kit as I consider that services for UNIX, Novell NetWare, as well as Macintosh which are incorporated on the Microsoft Windows Powered operating system.Protocol hold up for TCP/IP, DHCP along with some DNS (client support), NIS , IPX, as well as AppleTalk . it also sets up the disk management by means of Dell OpenManage Array Manager.

All the above mentioned data is a NAS built on Windows storage appliance SDK. And stuffs such as active directory are disabled as it's not a necessary or licensed characteristic.

I will suggest you in this case as if you are not able to figure out a means to install your own OS, you are able to have an installation of a regular Windows server on there along with run AD and whatever else regular Windows server offers.

You are able to connect a monitor, keyboard and so on and attempt logging locally. at any rate you'll observe if it's alive. If it does boot to a login prompt plus you are not acquainted with the login, You are able to swap the disks with boot to a fresh install. You will find all the details in the service manual. The fresh image would need initial setup, particulars in the administrators guide.

Hello guys, I was also having similar issues and what I came across was this one. As if you do swap the disks and do a new initialize. The data partition is not touched so your files will tend to be intact.

If the system is tending to work well and you are able to administer it then you don't require to make an restoration of it to factory. You need to begin with the array manager. It will tend to demonstrate some four physical disks split into diverse volumes. Disk 0 as well as 1 will have a mirrored volume. Disk 2 along with 3 will have the similar and the additional space will all be a raid 5 Volume. Disk 0 with 1 are the active which tend to hold the pristine copy and it's concealed from the server. So if you need to make some swapping , 2 and 3 would turn into the active boot volume and 0 and 1 inactive and concealed. The service manuals give details it all counting single disk failures and so on.