Thread: Conflict between malwarebytes and Avast 7

Conflict between malwarebytes and Avast 7

I just configured my new system and I’m experiencing something that no one would like to experience in his Brand New PC. I have to reboot it atleast twice a day!

Anyways, coming to my issue, It has Windows 7 installed in it and I use Avast 7 and malwarebytes. On my earlier PC which had Windows XP, no problem ever aroused between Avast and Malwarebytes. Avast 7 makes me answer yes and no whenever I try to do an update with Malwarewarebytes.

Re: Conflict between malwarebytes and Avast 7

Is what you are talking about the questioning about running the program in a sandbox? If that is the case, you can simply ask Avast to allow it to run normally and check the checkbox to do it every time the program runs.

No. it’s not about sandbox. As a matter of fact, I have never got a sandbox message while using Avast.

The issue is undoubtedly with Windows 7. Not that, MS is at fault but it is a minor compatibility issue that Avast is working at it’s end to resolve ASAP.
    However, they have successfully resolved such conflicts with Windows Firewall and COMODO. So fingers crossed and patience, they’ll find an answer to this also.

Whatever! I think it’s high time I get rid of Avast now. I want to replace Avast now. I have problems whenever I try installing new programs/applications.
    It’s not fun rebooting your Computer for no good reason. But the weird part of the story is I also have SuperAntiSpyware installed in it but Avast gives no trouble to this. Anyways, please recommend me some good free antivirus other than Avast.

I think you should try one last try. Try doing this: add the program folder of malwarebytes to the exclusion list of Avast. This must resolve your issues. To do so:

Left click the avast! a-ball icon in the system tray.
    Choose Standard shield – use the Customize button – Advanced tab
    Click on the Add button to add the following directory to the exclude list.
    For Win XP: “C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\SysLogger”
    For Win 7/vista: “C:\ProgramData\SysLogger\*”
    Add the folder in the SysLogger file to exclude.

However, if you are determined to get rid of Avast. Avira Antivirus would be a good option.