Thread: Linksys E2500 Wireless is resulting in to BSOD with company VPN (AT&T Net Client)

Linksys E2500 Wireless is resulting in to BSOD with company VPN (AT&T Net Client)

I have bought Linksys E2500 Wireless router recently and the problem that I am facing with the same is that I am getting Blue Screen of Death with my Company VPN which is an AT&T Net Client on my dell laptop, I am just having this issue when I am running it wireless and not when connected through a Ethernet cable, I think that there is something wrong with the E2500, I have never faced the bsod with other routers while connecting to my Company VPN, Is there anyone who can help me out in getting rid of the bsod??

re: Linksys E2500 Wireless is reulting in to BSOD with company VPN (AT&T Net Client)

I have bought Linksys E2500 Wireless router recently and the problem that I am facing with the same is that I am getting Blue Screen of Death with my Company VPN which is an AT&T Net Client on my dell laptop, I am just having this issue when I am running it wireless and not when connected through a Ethernet cable, I think that there is something wrong with the E2500, I have never faced the bsod with other routers while connecting to my Company VPN, Is there anyone who can help me out in getting rid of the bsod??
    Before I suggest you about the same I just wanted to know that are you having the latest drivers and bios and firmware? If not then get the same and then check out if they are making any difference, other than this I also wanted to know that what is the bsod addressing in you just make a note of the same and post it here so that I can have better idea of the issue that you are facing and will try to help you with the same as well. Just check out the above things and then post back the result that you get.

re: Linksys E2500 Wireless is reulting in to BSOD with company VPN (AT&T Net Client)

I have checked out those things and I am having the latest bios and drivers for the same and have also installed the current firmware as well, I don’t think that there is anything wrong with them, as far as the bsod is concerned I am getting the below error:
    DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL Blue Screen of Death in agnfilt.sys
    Are you aware of the same??? Is there any workaround that I can try out???

As far as I am aware DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL error is mostly because of a bad driver or faulty/incompatible hardware or software, just to explain the same in detail this error arises when a kernel-mode process or driver keeps on trying to access some memory location but then does not have the require permission.

If you want then you can try out the below solution:
    1. First get the latest firmware version is 1.0.01 (Build 3) from the CISCO website
    2. When you are done with the same then just power cycle the whole network
    3. After that reconfigure the Router and this time make sure that you are reducing the MTU size to 1400 from auto and make the below changes as well:

• Channel Settings of 2.4 GHz- Channel Width= 20 MHz only and Channel to 6, 9, 11
    • Channel Settings of 5 GHz- Channel Width= 20 MHz only and Channel to 40 or 161

Just try these things out and then let me know if the condition is getting better or not???

I have tried following the same but then it is not making any difference and I am still getting BSOD, I have checked out some other forums having the same issue and one has suggested me to install the latest driver for NIC and I did the same but then even it did not helped, I have also made sure that there is no program that might be running in the background or some virus that is messing up but then I am still not able to track out the actual cause of this issue as there are a no of symptoms for getting bsod. I am really running out of ideas now if anyone find out a solution for this issue then please post it here it will be highly appreciated.

I am not very sure about your case but then I was getting the same bsod and I was trying out a number of solution to solve out the same but then later I had contacted the Cisco Support for Linksys and had addressed them the same issue and after a number of trouble shooting I was able to track out the cause of the issue. It was that the Thinkvantage Access Connection was not updated in my case and later after upgrading the Thinkvantage Access Connections to Version 5.83 I did not got the same error message again and things are working fine now, just check out the same and see if you are having the same case or not.

re: Linksys E2500 Wireless is resulting in to BSOD with company VPN (AT&T Net Client)

I am not very sure about the solution that has been mentioned above but then you can try that as well an if that does not work then try out the below solution, this solution has been mentioned by a no of people, so even you can give it a try:
    • In order to configure AT&T network client first click on "Settings"> "Show the login properties window">"Configure">"Next".
    • Now just select "Both the internet and my company's intranet" option and Select "Managed VPN - SSL DualAccess" in dropdown box below as well.
    • When you are done with the above changes then just click on finish.

Just try it out and then post back the result that you get for this solution.