Thread: Linksys WRT54G2 v1 Wireless not working properly

Linksys WRT54G2 v1 Wireless not working properly

I have recently bought Linksys WRT54G2 v1 and I have been facing issue with the same from starting, in the start I was not able to access internet connection but then after a no of tries I was able to get it started somehow but then I am not able to get the wifi work, I have tried removing the ethernet cable from and after that it lost connection and when I was trying to fix the wireless then it said no wireless adapter found, I am not able to track out the issue, is there anyone who can help??

Re: Linksys WRT54G2 v1 Wireless not working properly

I have recently bought Linksys WRT54G2 v1 and I have been facing issue with the same from starting, in the start I was not able to access internet connection but then after a no of tries I was able to get it started somehow but then I am not able to get the wifi work, I have tried removing the ethernet cable from and after that it lost connection and when I was trying to fix the wireless then it said no wireless adapter found, I am not able to track out the issue, is there anyone who can help??
    In that case I just want you to check out the wireless network connection and see if is ok other than this also go in to the Device manager and check out the Wireless network adapter under Network adapter and make sure that it is enabled. I also wanted to know that which is the operating system in your case? so I can suggest you more possible solutions for this issue.

I am running windows XP in my system and I have checked out the network connection and they are appearing to be working fine and ok, I also wanted to share that I have followed the set up wizard and I had got the wireless network settings as well but then the router had set them up already, so I just saved the same but then it was not working and when I tried setting it up again then I was getting the same error message saying no adapter found, I don’t think that I am missing anything but then I am not sure about the same.

I think that you are getting confused, just check out for "Wireless Network Adapter." In the device manager and see if it is there, if it is then make sure it is enabled and it is not having any yellow exclamation on the same. If can also check out for "wireless network connections under Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network Connections if it is not there then you are surely not having "Wireless Network Adapter."

I have checked out the same and I am seeing "Network Adapter" and not "Wireless Network Adapter.", I got confused between the same, so this is the issue that is not letting the wifi work, I will install the same and will let you know if I have any further issue.