Thread: linksys E2500 is giving low signal quality on 5 Ghz network

linksys E2500 is giving low signal quality on 5 Ghz network

I am using E2500 with the Wireless N-pci adapter with dual band and I have installed the latest driver for the same as well but then I don’t know why I am getting low signal quality on 5 Ghz network, I am not having any issues with 2.4 Ghz band and it is working fine and I am able to get 54 mps but then with 5 Ghz I am getting 13 mps, I don’t know what is the issue all about is there anyone who can help me out in fixing it???

Re: linksys E2500 is giving low signal quality on 5 Ghz network

I am using E2500 with the Wireless N-pci adapter with dual band and I have installed the latest driver for the same as well but then I don’t know why I am getting low signal quality on 5 Ghz network, I am not having any issues with 2.4 Ghz band and it is working fine and I am able to get 54 mps but then with 5 Ghz I am getting 13 mps, I don’t know what is the issue all about is there anyone who can help me out in fixing it???
    In that case I will like to inform you that the Range of 5 GHz is not good as compared to that of 2.4 GHz As 2.4 GHz has Shorter waves, anyways I just wanted to know that why are you getting just 54 mbps on 2.4?? Have you changed something?? Have you disabled the WMM?? Just check out the security mode setup on your router and make sure that it is WPA2/WPA Mixed mode, if that does not help then after that you can try changing channels, just check out these things and see where you have gone wrong.

I have not changed anything everything is stock default for the router for 2.4, I am currently using WPA2 and I had tried changing the channels but then doing that was not appearing to be making any difference, it was staying between 20 and 40, I have found that I am getting the best with WPA2 which is 54 mbps, is there anything else that I can try out to get better speed, any help regarding this will be highly appreciated.

You can try out this solution and see if it is helping:
    • If you have installed the router using Cisco Connect Software then just open the software and go in to to option > "Router Settings">"Advanced Settings" >configuration page.
      Once you reach the configuration page Then check out the Wireless tab and make sure that you have set network mode as mixed,Other than this change the Channel Settings of 2.4 GHz as channel Width to 20 MHz only and Channel to 6, 9, 11 where as Channel Settings of 5 GHz as Channel Width to 20 MHz only and Channel to 40 or 161.
    • In case If you have not installed the router using Cisco Software then log on to the router's ui bytyping the default IP address from browser “192.168.1.1” and then type 'admin' as password and leave the username as blank. This will take you to the configuration page and then you can make the above changes.

I have tried following the solution that has been mentioned above but then it is not making any difference, I have been wandering in other forums after a solution for the same and I have found one mentioning that changing the SPI Firewall Protection, I mean unchecking Filter Anonymous Internet Requests had solved similar issue but then have tried out the same and it does not seems to be making difference in my case, if anyone finds out a effective solution then please let me know it will be very helpful.