Thread: Cisco Linksys E1500 is having slow wifi after upgrade

Cisco Linksys E1500 is having slow wifi after upgrade

I have been using Cisco Linksys E1500 and it was working fine by now but then as it was notifying me for upgrading router, so I did the same and since then I have been facing slow wifi connection speed, I have tried using other hardwire to connect and I am getting better speed with the same, I don’t know what is the issue all about is there anyone who can help me out.

Re: Cisco Linksys E1500 is having slow wifi after upgrade

I have been using Cisco Linksys E1500 and it was working fine by now but then as it was notifying me for upgrading router, so I did the same and since then I have been facing slow wifi connection speed, I have tried using other hardwire to connect and I am getting better speed with the same, I don’t know what is the issue all about is there anyone who can help me out.
    I just wanted to know that have you tried out doing a factory reset?? If not then try out the same and then let me know if it is making any difference or not, make sure or make a note of the router setting as you will have to configure it again. If that does not help then the other thing that you can try out is looking out for an upgraded wireless network interface driver and see if the issue is getting solved or not. Other than this make sure that you're using WPA2 wireless security mode, just check out these things and then let me know what you get.

I will inform you that if there are other wireless devices like cordless phones etc near the router then they might be conflicting so make sure that they are not near it, other than this if you have installed the router with Cisco Connect Software then you can try out the below solution as well and see if it is making any difference:
    • First open the software and then check out for the "Router Settings" in options
    • After that just click on the "Advanced Settings" option which will further lead you to the router's configuration page
    • When you are navigated to the router's configuration page then click on the Wireless tab and make sure that you are keeping the network mode as mixed and changing the Channel width to 20 MHz and then save the settings

Just try it out and then post back the result that you get.

You can try out these possible solutions as well and see if they are helping you out or not:
    1. First try disabling WMM support in the settings which will be In applications and gaming
    2. Try resetting router through the configuration page, I mean Administration > Factory Defaults

Just try them out and then let me know if they are making any difference.

Resetting the router to Factory Defaults and upgrading the firmware did not helped, anyways I have now tried disabling WMM support and have found that I am getting better speed now, I just wanted to know if this is an firmware issue issue or there is something wrong with the WMM??? Is there anyone who has an idea about the same???

I was facing the same issue and I think that there is nothing wrong with the WMM but then it is something related to the firmware, one can say that it is a firmware issue. I have found a no of people facing the same and disabling WMM is the only solution that has been found to be effective, if anyone find any other solution for the same then please let me know, on the other hand I have raised the same issue to the tech support and the said that they are aware of the same and looking in to the matter, may be they will come up with an update to solve the firmware issue soon.