Thread: Youtube streaming not possible due to Linksys e4200 V2 router

Youtube streaming not possible due to Linksys e4200 V2 router

My home network now got a brand new Cisco e4200V2 router. Installed it but some reasons YouTube videos won't play on my PC (hardwired) or iphone or ipad. Not always but sometimes it happens. When I connect the PC directly to the modem, it plays normally as I expected. I tried the factory settings but same issue. I have an internet access but the problem is only with the Youtube. Does anyone else experience this problem?

Re: Youtube streaming not possible due to Linksys e4200 V2 router

I would look if 'An update of the firmware of the router, checking whether any of the above problems. Bugs appear correct but a problem similar to yours, in this case need a proper procedure with the upgrade. This update involves risk, if a power failure or shutdown before the end of the operation the equipment may become inoperable. Read the warnings which are usually published for this type of update

I have read this thread pretty quickly. Similar problems to sell some of these sites and several minor ideas resolution. It seems that many had the same problem as you, especially when games were about the same as you are your videos. I had a similar problem with my Linksys router recently, though gaming. It is separated not only my wireless, but even my friends would, the PC is wired to separate. I have two things to fix it. I changed it to "G" only changed, and the wireless security to WEP and the establishment of a common key. Since then I have not had a single problem with dropout on both computers.

I hope that you have in Cisco Connect Software

• Run that software and to the option "Router Settings"
    • click on the "Advanced Settings" which will open router's configuration page.
    • Lower the MTU (Maximum Transmission Unit) from 1500 to 1400 or less
    • Go to the Wireless tab, change the network mode to mixed,
    • For Channel Settings of 2.4 GHz make Channel Width to 20 MHz and Channel to 6, 9, 11..
    • For Channel Settings of 5 GHz make Channel Width to 20 MHz and Channel to 40 or 161...

It seems to me that I have finally figure out the problem. First of all I did a ping on YouTube and it returns an IPV6 address. My ISP has a beta support for IPV6. For that reason I have disabled the 6th option in the IPV6 setup tab. After this only YouTube videos are playing normally. So I think that it is obviously an IPV6 implementation problem...

It is obviously either the issue with MAC filtering or Firewall enabled in your case. The firewall might be filtering each and every packet broadcasting very hardly due to this you are not able to stream the Youtube videos. Try disabling the Firewall and see. You should disable both software Firewall and Hardware firewall.

I think that it could be due to the hardware between router and PC. I need few more information.

How long is the LAN cable between the router and PC?

Will the Internet directly related, or over a network or Internet connection sharing?

What is the Packet Lost?

What about the network card?

In addition, I would ask for the maximum connections to the Internet to the recommended maximum value depending on your internet connection, for example, Tuneup Utilities. Of course it could also help to update Windows and update the driver before any motherboard and network card.

The packet loss can one find out in many different ways, to put it simply, it describes the quality of the line. He should be at 0% as possible. Just look in the router times, to load any freeware program down or restart TeamSpeak 3 for Connection Information. But I believe that there is either a software problem or the motherboard is defective. The driver update is probably the most promising.

Many thanks Bahumathi for your #5 posted comment.

Disabling the IPV6 worked for me too. YouTube videos now working normally.

It's been a real hassle and time-waster troubleshooting this glitch, but thanks to you the problem appears 'fixed'. Yea!