Thread: "Cisco connect" cannot find Cisco Linksys E1200 router

"Cisco connect" cannot find Cisco Linksys E1200 router

I am looking forward to use the Cisco connect utility with Linksys E1200 router. I have configured a wireless connection between laptop and E1200 Router. However when I try to use “Cisco Connect", It runs couple of minutes searching but it won’t find the router. In order to connect I have to put Router name SSID and password. How can I solve this?

Re: "Cisco connect" cannot find Cisco Linksys E1200 router

Before the initial wireless setup, it needs a proper physical connectivity between router and computer. In order to configure a new router, I recommended setting the router to factory defaults before installing the Cisco connect software from the CD. After that only run the Cisco connect which will help you to handle both internet setup and wireless setup. For further setup, you can refer the router manual or guide for a complete customized setup by you.

Wireless Router is very simple to configure. Never use the SES under any circumstances, it is very problematic. The first thing you will want to change is the name of the Wi-Fi network (SSID) . Put the name that you like and give to Save Settings. Then go to Wireless Security and there change from Disabled to WEP. Inside Write WEP passphrase anything inside and give it to generate, the code it generates in the Key 1 is what they have to written in order to connect.

The 169.254.0.1/16 network is usually set in the absence of DHCP ... However, if that is your network, in the right window click on "Add" and enter the same address and same mask (netmask) you see in the left window, no gateway. You may need a restart of network services (or PC if you do before) because everything is in place.

Connect a cable between the Cisco and a laptop. Log in to your Cisco and look at "wireless" or something similar. Turn wifi-N once and try again. Just one question, do you have in the PCs and laptops ever created a static IP address? If yes, then it may just be that which fall outside the range of your Cisco fall. If your previous router instance IP addresses handed out between 192.168.1. 1 and 192.168.1. 100 and you have your PC an address given within that range (e.g. 192.168.1. 50), which has no connection when the PC range of your new Cisco example runs between 192.168.1. 200 and 192.168.1. 300

Upgrade the drivers for the wireless network card; it is common that some wireless N network cards with drivers without upgrading give trouble connecting to both Cisco and Netgear (both have the same wifi card)