Thread: DynDNS Abuse due to Cisco Linksys E4200 update

DynDNS Abuse due to Cisco Linksys E4200 update

I have installed a new Linksys E4200 router yesterday but today I have got an email saying that my account has been banned due to abuse. I think that it is due to over updating. I am not updating multiple routers using the same account. I assume that it is due to the High E4200 update frequency and there is no option to adjust it.

Re: DynDNS Abuse due to Cisco Linksys E4200 update

dynDNS hardened its service and consider any application without changing ip for abuse.

Modems based Broadcom have failure to send a request to each resync without checking that the IP is unchanged. Similar problems at Cisco since the IP can be fixed.

Do you have any idea how DynDNS can differ for the same email address (or even different from a private domain) for different accounts is that the accounts are assigned to different individuals? Same e-mail address or private domain is associated everywhere with the same person or organization, or not? An e-mail address is a unique unmistakable mark of a person or organization, nor more than name and date of birth together, often because of its uniqueness as a login name used!.

They will disable the account if there is no authentication at least a month. Ddclient is a program that will encourage them in the documentation for avoid this. Use ddclient to keep updated your ip and not to expire authentication. It can run as a daemon, with its configuration in / etc / ddclient.conf or as a cron job. I set up ddclient on my server ino so that each controls the ip now, and in case of change to update the account dyndns, so that the up my server will be unreachable for an hour. ddclient should be in the repositories of each distribution.

The DynDNS service is free of charge, you can create an account on the website and then have the opportunity to choose your DynDNS address. In order to match your dynamic IP address with DynDNS, you can access your computer to download a tool from DynDNS or enter into your router's DynDNS settings - most of the commercially available models offer this option. Remember: You do not get a static IP by DynDNS but a fixed address and it is automatically adjusted to your public IP.

Your issue seems like very interesting.

Did you try contacting the technical support team?

Did you try disabling the router's DDNS?