Thread: LogMeIn Rescue is maxing out CPU usage (100%) on Windows 2003 computers

LogMeIn Rescue is maxing out CPU usage (100%) on Windows 2003 computers

I have recently installed LogMeIn Rescue on Windows 2003 computers and the problem that I am facing is that it is maxing out the CPU usage to 100%. This making the remote support impractical and we are not able to handle the same and we have to end the session in order to let the client's computers resume normal operations, I have checked out for the same and have found a no of users facing the same issue but then I have not yet found a solution that I can try out, is there anyone who has an idea about it and can help me out???

Re: LogMeIn Rescue is maxing out CPU usage (100%) on Windows 2003 computers

I have recently installed LogMeIn Rescue on Windows 2003 computers and the problem that I am facing is that it is maxing out the CPU usage to 100%. This making the remote support impractical and we are not able to handle the same and we have to end the session in order to let the client's computers resume normal operations, I have checked out for the same and have found a no of users facing the same issue but then I have not yet found a solution that I can try out, is there anyone who has an idea about it and can help me out???
    I have been facing the same issue and have been looking out after a solution for the same in a no of other forum but then have not yet got any luck, I think that I am having the weirdest case, I have found that when I am connecting to the server with VNC then things appear to be ok but then as soon as I move the mouse the cpu usage jumps to 100% and it drops when I leave the mouse untouched, I don’t know what is the issue all about, I am not able to track out the actual cause of this issue, if anyone finds out a solution for this then please post it here, it will be very helpful.

I have checked about the same and I have found one solution that can help, just check out the same and see if it is helping:
    • Go in to the display properties and then click on the settings and then on the advanced.
    • After that click on the troubleshoot tab and then just reduce the hardware acceleration slider to its minimum.

This will lower down the cpu usage to great extent, just try out the same and then post back the result that you get for this.

You can try out the above solution very well but then if you want then you can try this one too. This will also help you in reducing the cpu usage like the above one:
    • Check out the LogMeIn toolbar and then click on Options which will be at the top of the screen
    • After that click on the Color Quality and just check mark “Automatically adjust color settings” option
    • This will select a color depth that will be appropriate for your hardware and Web connection, which will further reduce the cp usage.