Thread: Hamachi is switching to relayed-tunnel constantly

Hamachi is switching to relayed-tunnel constantly

I have recently switched to Hamachi2 on all the 4 computers in my network and the problem that I am facing is that the network is switching from a green direct tunnel to a blue relayed tunnel constantly, when I reboot the machine then they get green again, is there any solution that can permanently fix this issue???

Re: Hamachi is switching to relayed-tunnel constantly

I have recently switched to Hamachi2 on all the 4 computers in my network and the problem that I am facing is that the network is switching from a green direct tunnel to a blue relayed tunnel constantly, when I reboot the machine then they get green again, is there any solution that can permanently fix this issue???
    I just wanted to know that have you tried adding a default gateway of 5.0.0.1 to all the computers, if not then try out the same and see if the issue us getting solved or not, just try it out and then post back the result that you get after it.

Thanks for your interest but then adding default gateway of 5.0.0.1 to all the computers is just not making any difference, I have just tried it out, is there any other solution that I can try out to fix this issue???? Any further help for the same will be highly appreciated.

I have been facing the same issue after switching to Hamachi2, I never faced any such issue when I was using old Hamachi, I have found that one of my client turns in to "Relayed tunnel" I don’t know for what reason and to get it direct I have to do a simple power cycle of the hamachi client and sometimes I have to do the same for local computer as well, I know that doing a simple power cycle is solving the issue but then it was not there before, I really want to avoid the same if it is possible, I have tried adding default gateway of 5.0.0.1 to all the computers but then it is just not making any difference and the issue is still the same ,if anyone finds a effective solution for the same then please post it here it will be highly appreciated.

I think that you should better try out NeoRoute, it just works like Hamachi but then it does not use a remote authentication serve, it is quite fast and free as well, I have been trying out a number of other alternatives as well and have liked the Wippen and NeoRouter but then NeoRouter appears to be the best and the easiest, just check it out and see if you are like it.

I have checked about the same and I have found a workaround that you all can try out:
    • First go in to Hamachi > System > Preferences > Settings > Advanced Settings > Peer Connections
    • After that enter the below values in the small box after the big one, you don’t need to enter anything in the big boc.
      • Local UDP Address > Smaller Box : 443
      • Local TCP Address > Smaller Box : 443
    • Once you are done with the same then portforward 443 for UDP as well as 443 for tcp by entering the router settings, after this check out the firewall of your windows and make sure that you are allowing them in my Inbound Rules as well as Outbound Rules in the.

I am not very sure if this will completely solve the issue bit then it will help you out in minimizing the switching frequency, this has been a common issue for a no of user, you can try out the above solution till some officials come up with a perfect solution for it.