Thread: iPhone VPN Connection not working with Netgear FVS318G

iPhone VPN Connection not working with Netgear FVS318G

It is really good to hear that now iPhone supports VPN connection and it is available now for the Netgear firmware v3.0.7-24. But in my case it didn’t work for me since it is always showing me a same kind of error message. The router I am using here is Netgear FVS318G. Can anyone one tell me whether I need to do update or something else.

Re: iPhone VPN Connection not working with Netgear FVS318G

I've also planned a VPN connection. For that I have bought a Netgear FVS318G router and set up a VPN connection. Initially, the whole works well, but lately a connection because of an address collision between local (LAN) and remote (mobile client) is not possible. As can be seen in the LAN network with a Class A built 10.10.5.x / 8, the way I usually meet on a wireless network with a "classic" Class C network with 192.168.0.x/24. The address conflict must therefore lay in the ISP assigned IP's. I've already broken several of weeks in the head and absorb all kinds of subjects to stand still there but no solution.

DynDNS allows you simply place your router with an IP address to reach a host name, and even after a disconnect. For a VPN connection you will need software on the router to the iphone(if the VPN directly supported) or on your Windows computer behind the router.

DynDNS is a provider for the resolution of Internet addresses, and IP addresses. Therefore, it can only afford it. VPN is a secure tunnel must support both sides. So you have no problem with DynDNS but in your understanding. DynDNS is only one name available, and then connects to the target. Nothing makes more of this service. So target PC, the IP address, source and PC together, the whole process starts without DynDNS.

I have made a setup of VPN connection on both Netgear FVS318G and iPhone but I have these issues:
    • I can perfectly connect using VPN and authenticate as it is.
    • The active connection of FVS318G shows the number of connection and reserved IP address of my iPhone (192.168.100.230)
    • But other than this I am not getting any kind of network device connected.
    • Also I cannot ping using the router's internal LAN address (192.168.100.1) or any other network devices.

AS far as I know that the Cisco VPN tunnel can make difference in ATT 3G only if your corporation or office is cisco base VPN connection router and Netgear IPSec . one more thing is, the Netgear does not support NAT-T. So due to this the 3G package is on non enterprise suffer from communicating

modeconfig can NOT be same as your LAN subnet.

Use 192.168.200.x

This FVS318 is predestined and to be used as DSL and VPN router. The FBox would then be "switched behind". Regardless of which router you are using a DSL router now; the "normal" procedure would actually be like this:
    • The local network set up properly, so router, port forwarding, wireless, fixed IPs of the clients, etc.
    • Set and test external DynDNS, even with the iPhone
    • Then just set up VPN tunnels and testing of external

Since I had the same problem (iPhone <-> VPN to FritzBox) I've just bought a new router. My choice was the Vigor2820n from Linksys. So it works beautifully. The iPhone is connected using PPTP to the home network.