Thread: Netgear FVX538v2 update error: Invalid firmware file length

Netgear FVX538v2 update error: Invalid firmware file length

Yesterday I went to upgrade the Netgear FVX538v2 firmware version from v3.0.7-24 to v3.0.6-29. First of all I have downloaded the firmware file and then went to upgrade. While upgrading it shows me an error message saying "invalid firmware file length". Can anyone tell me why it is complaining about the firmware file? I AM 100% SURE THAT I have downloaded the correct file.

Re: Netgear FVX538v2 update error: Invalid firmware file length

Can you tell me how you are trying to update the Router’s firmware? I hope that you are using the Browser for that. One more thing you can try now is to download the firmware from the different internet source. It seems to me that the file was not downloaded properly otherwise corrupted while you download behind broadband.

Firefox caused such problems for some appliances, such as speed and at ports. In general, attempts are always more than one browser to rule out exactly those problems. A note with which browser it has been tried, would have been helpful. Next time should be considered.

Yes I have also heard that, if you are on the Firefox 3 and want to upgrade the firmware on a NETGEAR router, you will surely going see similar kind of errors. As far as I know that for this issue there is no workaround at all. I have heard that the Netgear will be going to release new firmwares which will soon going to fix the issue. For now you can try Internet Explorer or Firefox 2 in order to upgrade the firmware.

Do you remember the IP address of the Device or is it possible to pin router or device? It seems to me that the router cannot be accessible or cannot be upgradable via web browser. So for that, before updating, you should try reloading the firmware via tftp. If you don’t have the Windows OS, then you have install TFTP from a site. Then you can try Type tftp -i 192.168.1.1 put <filename>. (Replace <filename> with downloaded firmware file). I hope that this method will work for you.