Thread: Netgear DGND3300 does not offer reserved IP

Netgear DGND3300 does not offer reserved IP

Recently I have installed the Netgear DGND3300 on my network to an old DG834. The DG834 had reserved IPs for all my devices and due to this it was possible for me to access devices by using known IPs. But here on DGND3300, many devices are allocated an IP which were not taken from the predefined table. How this can be possible?

Re: Netgear DGND3300 does not offer reserved IP

It seems to me that you have disabled the DG843's DHCP capability and due to this it may not be possible or no longer assigning the IP address. You can try reserving IP's on the DGND3300. This is because now it is your main modem/router. However make sure that in both you have installed the latest firmware.

For DHCP, check the lease by an "ipconfig / all", see "Lease Obtained" and "Lease Expires".

You can also avoid a change of Ip and expire fix it with a reservation according to the hardware address of the NIC.

Yes, the IP address is served when the client boots over the network and sends a request (REQUEST) DHCP giving his address and requesting a mac address. The DHCP then offer the address and always the same if it is pre-booked according to the mac.

Yes it is necessary to reboot the client for this to work once.

Now, the reservation in the router address should work, I will assign addresses. Whenever I change something, I save the configuration in a subdirectory with a date and then I reboot my modem / router.

With DHCP enabled router assigns IP and DNS and pc must navigate. Check the network cards and eventually set them to automatically acquire IP and DNS. The firmware has nothing to do.
    In the margin: it is a modem / router and has no door but only a wan RJ45 RJ11 ADSL. Cannot connect using one of the 4 Ethernet switch and that's why dhcp not working properly and does not assign correct ip and dns. With the hag you can connect and use wireless router adsl modem with RJ45 wan port.

It seems to me that you have enabled the: Obtain an IP address automatically and Obtain DNS server address automatically. So due to this you cannot able to manually assign the IP address to the device even from the predefined table. To change it make sure that you access to router’s control panel. There Click on Control Panel> Network and Internet> Network and Connections Center Sharing. Soon after we click the right mouse button on the Wireless Network Connection Properties, we will need to scroll through the center window and double click with the left mouse button on Internet Protocol version 4 (TCP/IPv4). There you can uncheck the above 2 options.

Currently there is no official firmware that allows this thing. Remember that if you want to do these "jobs” it cannot be possible with in a simple modem router. I do not believe that they are not supported but officially I have not found anything.