Thread: Avg 2012 is not compatible with the updated version of Firefox and thunderbird.

Re: Avg 2012 is not compatible with the updated version of Firefox and thunderbird.

The avg version is a link scanner and it is valid only through Firefox 9 version. The new version that is the Firefox 10was recently released. The AVG doesn’t support for these version. The case of Thunderbird is also the same it doesn’t support the new version 10 of Thunderbird. It supports only the version of 9.1

Avg 2012 is not compatible with the updated version of Firefox and thunderbird.

I have a computer in which I am using windows 7. My avg is outdated so actually it’s now time to renew my avg antivirus. I have Mozilla and thunderbird which is recently updated and also heard that avg is incompatible with update. Just want to know about does really avg is incompatible with the updated. Someone please help?

Re: Avg 2012 is not compatible with the updated version of Firefox and thunderbird.

Avg doesn’t support version 10 of both Thunderbird and the Firefox. Instead of that you can use the sea monkey 2.7. It has the same gecko and toolkit core which provides web page rendering and network access. The email portion of these is the same as Thunderbird. It has the same Mail news core.

See there is the latest update of AVG that is AVG 2012.1913 Hot Fix 10. It is the best it has great safe search application and safe surf fixes. The main thing is that it has fixed the issue with misleading display warning on ‘Firefox not being supported’. Just download this new version. Actually it is totally free. I used it and it’s great. Just have a try on this version.